Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM
lemmings

Default Few Questions

Hey guys/gals

Just have a few questions, thought I would put them up here...

The Roush front fascia says it only fits GT models, is this simply because of the fog light connections, or something more?

I have
Ford Racing 8.8” Rear w/ 3.73 Gears
Moser Engineering Axles
LPW 8.8” Girdle

In the rear of the vehicle, and if i start cruising over 80 mph, I start to hear a grinding noise, a bud of mine said its part of the locking mechanism, just wondering if it was normal.

This may sound totally noob, but it is my first turbocharged vehicle, its the Powerhouse kit, where would I find the blow-off valve? Did some googling on this, cant seem to find a definitive answer. Is it entirely dependent on the installation? Or is it in a fairly standard location?

Occasionally my automatic transmission seems to "disengage" when I am sitting at a stop light etc. Sometimes it seems like standard "slipping" but in instances like today while i was sitting a stoplight, when I hit the accelerator the engine spun like it was in neutral (it was in drive) and the car went no where until I let off the pedal, and it suddenly snapped into gear and actually spun the tires a bit. This seems to happen on a less severe note where it seems like "lag" between when the engine spins up and when the transmission hits gear and engages.

This may not be a technical question, but I figured I'd tack it on, does anyone know where I can find replacement pieces for the plastic fenders in the wheel wells, and the plastic pieces that protect the underbody of the car?

I think thats about all I have for now, thanks in advance.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:21 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

The turbo may not have a traditional blow off valve (or one at all).

My project car doesn't have a blow off valve that makes an annoying sound. Instead when the pressure is to high it uses a waste gate that feeds right from the turbo to the downpipe. If you have either of the systems listed on Powerhouse 411, you have a waste gate.

As for the plastic, call a local junkyard first, check ebay second, and then look at other online websites third. Do not go to a stealership.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:32 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

wait u bought a second hand car with a turbo on it already? pix now!!!
and could the stop light lag possibly be a torque converter bc it has so much power? i have a friend that has a 3200 rpm stall so it sounds like hes slipping the clutch all the time lol
Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

IT could very well be the tq converter, what HP level are you at? The auto tranny in the mustang can handle quite a bit more than our V6 stock will give it. If it is the problem look up the TCI Streetfighter converters.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:03 PM
JimC

lemmings - the Roush facia says it is for the GT because of the grill. The V6 grill won't fit it and you have to use a GT grill. The facia will fit your car, although you have to change the liners in the wheel well from what I undertand.

You might want to check on www.mustangcollective.com for information on your Powerhouse turbo. There are several guys there with that system and can answer your questions.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 PM
lemmings

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
wait u bought a second hand car with a turbo on it already? pix now!!!
and could the stop light lag possibly be a torque converter bc it has so much power? i have a friend that has a 3200 rpm stall so it sounds like hes slipping the clutch all the time lol

dont necessarily have pictures of my own yet, but I purchased this vehicle

https://mustangforums.com/forum/must...l-mustang.html

Originally Posted by JCON
IT could very well be the tq converter, what HP level are you at? The auto tranny in the mustang can handle quite a bit more than our V6 stock will give it. If it is the problem look up the TCI Streetfighter converters.
To be honest, I haven't seen, but the car seems to disengage at a dead stop, so around 1200 RPMs I'd guess. I am not positive a torque converter is installed on the vehicle.

Originally Posted by JimC
lemmings - the Roush facia says it is for the GT because of the grill. The V6 grill won't fit it and you have to use a GT grill. The facia will fit your car, although you have to change the liners in the wheel well from what I undertand.

You might want to check on www.mustangcollective.com for information on your Powerhouse turbo. There are several guys there with that system and can answer your questions.
If I currently have a GT fascia installed on the car, is it safe to assume that the grill I am using now would fit the Roush fascia?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:13 PM
JimC

Yes, if you have the GT fascia already then your grill will fit the Roush fascia.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

man ur a lucky dude that car is awesome!!
have u tracked it yet?