Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L or JLT

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Default C&L or JLT

Alright well my next mod probably won't be till summer time, but I'd like to know everyones opinion first. I plan on getting a Cold Air Intake and an SCT Tuner. I've narrowed my choices down the the JLT CAI and C&L CAI

JLT: http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-v6-cai-2010.html

C&L: http://www.shop.speedunlimited.com/p...ntake-kit.aspx

My opinion is to go with the C&L Intake because it looks slightly bigger.
Does anyone have a JLT or C&L CAI and can provide an opinion? I'm looking for maximum horsepower with the CAI and SCT Tuner combined.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

To be honest? Go with which one you like the looks of better.

I have a C@L Racer and I love it. But the JLT is a very solid intake as well, differences between the two will be very small. The tuner is a good call, world of difference on the S197 cars, just get a solid email tune, don't use the canned tunes.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
To be honest? Go with which one you like the looks of better.

I have a C@L Racer and I love it. But the JLT is a very solid intake as well, differences between the two will be very small. The tuner is a good call, world of difference on the S197 cars, just get a solid email tune, don't use the canned tunes.
Yeah I was going to get custom bama tunes to fit whatever I have on my car plus the new CAI. I was just wondering if the extra 100 dollars towards the C&L is worth it or not?
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

If you were going to squeeze every last single drop of power out of your engine, then yes, I would say it be worth it.

But if you are going to just be mildly modded, the JLT will work absolutely perfect for you.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Franchi
If you were going to squeeze every last single drop of power out of your engine, then yes, I would say it be worth it.

But if you are going to just be mildly modded, the JLT will work absolutely perfect for you.
Alright sounds good to me.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

For better performance, I'd get the C&L, JLT, Steeda, FRPP... In other words, it doesn't really matter. All of the tune required CAI's are equivalent in performance. Worry more about the tunes since the variance there can be 10 or more RWHP where the CAI variance is maybe 1 or 2 RWHP.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
For better performance, I'd get the C&L, JLT, Steeda, FRPP... In other words, it doesn't really matter. All of the tune required CAI's are equivalent in performance. Worry more about the tunes since the variance there can be 10 or more RWHP where the CAI variance is maybe 1 or 2 RWHP.
This

I have the JLT and have no complaints. One of my favorite mods, but it's mostly in the tune
Old 01-25-2011, 11:08 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
This

I have the JLT and have no complaints. One of my favorite mods, but it's mostly in the tune
How much hp do you feel you gained with the JLT CAI and tune?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
How much hp do you feel you gained with the JLT CAI and tune?
I really can't say, I never had it dyno'd, but my butt dyno shows a significant increase. It's not necessarily hp either, it's better throttle response, quicker shifting with better shift points if you're an auto, etc. It also depends on the octane/tune you get but regardless it's a great mod.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:21 AM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
I really can't say, I never had it dyno'd, but my butt dyno shows a significant increase. It's not necessarily hp either, it's better throttle response, quicker shifting with better shift points if you're an auto, etc. It also depends on the octane/tune you get but regardless it's a great mod.
Haha! Yeah I can imagine it offers more than just hp behind the wheel. Thanks

Quick Reply: C&L or JLT