Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

power steering howling noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:55 AM
SYNY5TER
2nd Gear Member

Default power steering howling noise

i do a lot of drift with this sixer. and basically whenever i drift, after when im done drifting i turn the wheel. I hear this howling noise in the car.. i kno its coming from the power steering system. i heard that its making that noise cuz its pushing the air out of lines. So i was wondering how do i fix it. Also it doesnt make any noise when im normally driving. But when im drifting it starts making noise.

Any suggestions?

dont say "Stop drifting." cuz im making this car into a DD and drift track car.. Im gonna be doin more competition and i would lik to kno this sooner because some events r coming up soon.

THANKS!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:45 AM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

mine is noisy in the winters only when its real cold. 2 things come to mind. first off you are not suppose to take the steering to the stops where its pegged right or left. that can damage the pump. 2nd thing is the fluid can become aerated, causing noise. i think thats my issue. i think it can be removed with a pressure pump. i`m still looking into getting one to try it. my steering pump had been replaced just before i got the car a few years ago.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
BKRmustangv6
1st Gear Member

Get it fixed now. I had the same problem with my 07. It wasn't the power steering in mine, it was the Rack and Pinion. Now its super hard to turn when off throttle. It only gets worse. If this is ur problem, I hope this helpped. Our steering columns and all the parts arnt so sturdy in our cars