Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

supercharger questions

Old 05-28-2011, 07:28 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3.0Taurass
whats the difference between the extreme and the regular one? Is it just like a smaller pulley or what
Its intercooled and has a smaller pulley I believe.

Whats up with all you guys and the Xchargers? They make roughly 270-290 non intercooled, and the highest numbers I've seen are around 330 intercooled. Time slips don't lie, Vortech ftw. Oh yeah and holy heat soak xcharger.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:27 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Eddie makes a good point. ...of course I'm a little biased, having had a Vortech on my 4.0.
But, with a fmic, the intake air temps were nice and cool, whereas sitting on top of the engine, the x-charger most likely will have higher IATs, even if intercooled.

Both are good power-adders and do not require stock engine mods to make great power.

You will want to upgrade the rear end, though.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:51 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

@3.0Taurass
The Xtreme is air to water intercooled and runs a smaller pulley. Producing more torque and horsepower.

@2005Redfire6
You will never get it so why bother asking?
Horsepower isn't the only factor and if it was everyone would simple go turbo. The X-Charger makes much better torque than the Vortech especially down low with a very flat torque curve which translate to a real fun and well mannered street car. I may not have mentioned it in our other debates but I actually met the guy at Shelby Motors in Las Vegas that designed the Shelby CS6 and he drove my Mustang before it was even intercooled. He went on and on about how nice power came on as compared to the Vortech they use in the CS6. For a Daily driver or Autocross application that helps a lot over a small high end horsepower advantage with the Vortech even then the average off the shelf unmodified Vortech kit is not winning every race on the drag strip against ever X-Charger. I also open track my Mustang and have not had an issue with heat soak with the intercooler. Being on the track for over 20 minutes or more at a time ***** out versus your 12 seconds runs.

P.S.
I am not going to elaborate any more in this post since the moderators tend to get PO at our debates and just shut them down anyway.

Last edited by Nice Pony; 05-31-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 AM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Fight the man!!
Old 06-01-2011, 08:58 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
@3.0Taurass
The Xtreme is air to water intercooled and runs a smaller pulley. Producing more torque and horsepower.

@2005Redfire6
You will never get it so why bother asking?
Horsepower isn't the only factor and if it was everyone would simple go turbo. The X-Charger makes much better torque than the Vortech especially down low with a very flat torque curve which translate to a real fun and well mannered street car. I may not have mentioned it in our other debates but I actually met the guy at Shelby Motors in Las Vegas that designed the Shelby CS6 and he drove my Mustang before it was even intercooled. He went on and on about how nice power came on as compared to the Vortech they use in the CS6. For a Daily driver or Autocross application that helps a lot over a small high end horsepower advantage with the Vortech even then the average off the shelf unmodified Vortech kit is not winning every race on the drag strip against ever X-Charger. I also open track my Mustang and have not had an issue with heat soak with the intercooler. Being on the track for over 20 minutes or more at a time ***** out versus your 12 seconds runs.

P.S.
I am not going to elaborate any more in this post since the moderators tend to get PO at our debates and just shut them down anyway.
Check the date on that post, its been dead.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Check the date on that post, its been dead.
What date are you talking about this thread is reasonably fresh from 05-28-2011?

So why do you insist on talking smack out of nowhere about the X-Charger like this in every post you make that has to do with superchargers?

"Whats up with all you guys and the Xchargers? They make roughly 270-290 non intercooled, and the highest numbers I've seen are around 330 intercooled. Time slips don't lie, Vortech ftw. Oh yeah and holy heat soak xcharger."

I don't talk smack about other systems unless provoked and even then only point out known issues and pros and cons. So "Whats up with" the continued smack?

PS:
I actually did have a heat soak issue one time before installing the intercooler running open track at Pacific Raceways for 40 minutes and only in the afternoon when the ambient outside temperatures reached 95°F. No telling how hot it was on the track. 99.9% of the rest of my 108,000 mile with the X-Charger it has never been an issue at all.

On that track the front straight is parallel with the drag trip. We come onto the straight already going pretty fast, make a very slight jog to the left just beyond the end of the drag strip finish line and continue to the end of the drag strip run out into coner 1 which is a flat down hill turn to the right and finally get into short breaking area before corner 2. All the while at wide open throttle.

Last edited by Nice Pony; 06-01-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

Here are a couple of X-Charger vids for you. This was before the intercooler!

Pacific Raceway Seattle WA:
http://www.youtube.com/user/GaylonNu.../0/A8W_4uw8edo

Portland International Raceway Portland WA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw9co9Spdzk
Old 06-01-2011, 12:51 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nice Pony
What date are you talking about this thread is reasonably fresh from 05-28-2011?

So why do you insist on talking smack out of nowhere about the X-Charger like this in every post you make that has to do with superchargers?

"Whats up with all you guys and the Xchargers? They make roughly 270-290 non intercooled, and the highest numbers I've seen are around 330 intercooled. Time slips don't lie, Vortech ftw. Oh yeah and holy heat soak xcharger."

I don't talk smack about other systems unless provoked and even then only point out known issues and pros and cons. So "Whats up with" the continued smack?

PS:
I actually did have a heat soak issue one time before installing the intercooler running open track at Pacific Raceways for 40 minutes and only in the afternoon when the ambient outside temperatures reached 95°F. No telling how hot it was on the track. 99.9% of the rest of my 108,000 mile with the X-Charger it has never been an issue at all.

On that track the front straight is parallel with the drag trip. We come onto the straight already going pretty fast, make a very slight jog to the left just beyond the end of the drag strip finish line and continue to the end of the drag strip run out into coner 1 which is a flat down hill turn to the right and finally get into short breaking area before corner 2. All the while at wide open throttle.
That was the same time I posted on the other thread, therefor I thought we stopped talking about this 2 days ago? When our points were made I stopped.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:59 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

It was also before I locked the other thread that turned into douchebaggerry.
We'll see where this one go...
Old 06-01-2011, 10:43 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
It was also before I locked the other thread that turned into douchebaggerry.
We'll see where this one go...
Pascal, your always on your game and my boy Eddie was mature about this

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: supercharger questions