Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

broken tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Default broken tranny? *UPDATE DEALER diagnostic

i have a 2007 v6 mustang with nothing but a magnaflow attachment muffler . i changed the oil every 3,000 miles made sure all the filters were changed . had a mechanic look at it a few times . i started it this morning on my way to work pushed the gas down and the car just broke the steering was hard the gears were grinding bunch of check engine lights popped up . any ideas ? ive had a few Accidents but ive always demanded full inspections . any ideas ?

** Dealer called and said they were going to rip it apart for 200$ if the warranty covers it which mine is full coverage it costs me only 100$ for any parts that need to be replaced

Last edited by IvanRad; 09-20-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Dealer called
Old 09-15-2011, 02:16 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Could be a few different things or a bunch of things.... Not enough info!
Old 09-15-2011, 02:37 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

car starts idles for 2 secs. very hard to push in neutral
Old 09-15-2011, 05:28 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

update** my shop said i have to take it to ford because they cant diagnose it . has to do with the security system . they cant even get the motor to run.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:09 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

anyone
Old 09-16-2011, 05:10 AM
MEK
1st Gear Member

If it starts for a few seconds and then stalls, I would look at the MAF sensor. I had this and turned out the MAF was bad.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:48 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

that might be it . just towed it to ford in novato ca . the weird part is why did my car throw itself in park when i was on the freeway .
Old 09-20-2011, 03:06 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Okay update ! Ford called me ... said car started fine , mechanics ran a $232.85 diagnostic and everything tested perfectly. Manager said that the car is in perfect condition he has no idea what happened to it. REFLASH: I was giving the car gas going onto the freeway 5 feet onto the freeway , the entire car gave out every light on the car turned on check engine light etc. Mustang threw itself into park while going about 5 mpg came to a stop. a cop put me in neutral then procedded to push me from behind while burning out because of the force needed to push me. at this point i was positive it was my tranny. Towed it to masters european and american auto in mill valley ca they couldn't even get the car to start. Masters said it had something to do with the alarm system. Took it to ford and now the car works.

Im very confused and doubtful to drive this car i feel as if this can happen again. the dealership told me to give it a week if something happens bring it back.

Any ideas?
Old 09-20-2011, 04:37 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Don't take it.
The car is obviously broken, dealerships will say anything to get out of fixing the car.
Gripe them out, the car is dangerous right now to drive.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:15 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Don't take it.
The car is obviously broken, dealerships will say anything to get out of fixing the car.
Gripe them out, the car is dangerous right now to drive.
Yep, if your car is under warranty, the dealership knows that they won't be making any money off of you, and will therefore try to deny any claim you throw at them if they presume that you're not knowledgeable enough to pinpoint your problem. What's in it for them?

Obviously something is wrong with your mustang. Cars that are in good working condition don't have a seizure and start throwing out codes randomly on the freeway then an hour later run perfectly again with nothing but being run through one overpriced diagnostic.

This is your car. This is your means of transportation. Start demanding answers. Get aggressive. Don't let them tell you "oh everything is fine now, bring it back later if it goes up in flames". I sure as hell wouldn't trust this car to get me from point A to B every day after this happened.

Give them a precise description of what happened in chronological order. Be as clear and concise as possible. At the very least, get a diagnosis. Clearly, something went wrong and mechanical systems don't just magically fix themselves.

Quick Reply: broken tranny?