Is there an oil separator just for V6?? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Is there an oil separator just for V6??

Old 05-25-2012, 10:44 AM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

Good stuff! can't wait
Old 06-05-2012, 01:20 PM
amustangrocks
2nd Gear Member

ive removed qts of oil since i put this on my car, and even more since i replaced my pcv valve.the glass here shows a couple oil changes worth. so around 6-8,000 miles i got it off ebay some time back, but they are still around. you want one like i have with the larger fittings that fit the hose good. heres a writeup i did when i installed it, i think the total cost was around $40. the small round cans on ebay for $10-$15 wont work and are junk
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...tml?highlight=
Attached Thumbnails Is there an oil separator just for V6??-dscf0784.jpg   Is there an oil separator just for V6??-dscf0782.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 06-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:07 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

just curious as to what you replaced your pcv valve with, a different aftermarket one or another stock oem one? Never really heard of anyone changing pcv valves on these cars unless there's a problem with the original.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:42 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SLVRSTNG06 View Post
Hey guys just emailed JLT about a direct fit separator for our 4.0 v6's and they said they are testing one on an 05 right now and expect them to be available to us in the near future..
That's good news! Their shop is like 5 minutes from my house!
Old 06-05-2012, 10:31 PM
[email protected]
2nd Gear Member

Nice work to make your own separator...Looks good under the hood. Is that an alternator shield? An '05 thing?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:26 PM
[email protected]
2nd Gear Member

If anyone see's the new V6 oil separator online at JLT, can you please post it?

Thanks guys...I'll wait for that rig.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:27 PM
SLVRSTNG06
2nd Gear Member

Just got the email today from JLT. The oil separator for our 05-09 v6's are now available.

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/in...8epv24nbqldjd7
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
[email protected]
2nd Gear Member

I ordered the V6 oil separator from JTL. It came within 4 days, and it fits like a glove! Comes with all the fittings pre-attached to just plug into your PCV valve and plug into your manifold. I ordered the black separator and it looks very high quality. Installs in less than 5 minutes if you're slow. Now to sit back and observe it catch oil! Yes, you pay $119 dollars for the complete set up, but it looks great like Ford installed it themselves, and it's made perfectly for our V6 engines. Great if you can afford it and don't feel like piecing one together.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-06-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: add pics
Old 08-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I ordered the V6 oil separator from JTL. It came within 4 days, and it fits like a glove! Comes with all the fittings pre-attached to just plug into your PCV valve and plug into your manifold. I ordered the black separator and it looks very high quality. Installs in less than 5 minutes if you're slow. Now to sit back and observe it catch oil! Yes, you pay $119 dollars for the complete set up, but it looks great like Ford installed it themselves, and it's made perfectly for our V6 engines. Great if you can afford it and don't feel like piecing one together.

So, the kit for the V6, it just sits there on the valve cover and is held in place by two rubber hoses? I'm not sure I like that.

I noticed the GT setup from them has a shock tower mount... much better looking, no "on and off" of hoses to dump the captured oil.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jasoon View Post
I noticed the GT setup from them has a shock tower mount... much better looking, no "on and off" of hoses to dump the captured oil.
That depends on who's it is, the one you're likely referring to is UPR's. JLT's does the same thing for our 4.6's on the other side. Just an in-line solid hose.

While I can not and will not comment on the "norm", I will say my JLT for my own GT has been worthless. I'm guessing a defective filter. Only catches a slight amount of blow-by. Check at 50 miles and what you see in the pic is what is there, check after 3000, same amount. Just seems to get the first bit, then the rest makes it past. Of course it's been too long to get it refunded or exchanged via AmericanMuscle, so I was referred to speak with JLT. Hoping that will go smoother once I can get around to it. Likely just sell it assuming I can get it exchanged, as I think the way to go is homemade, as it's just as effective, more-so in this case, and costs 4 to 6 times less. Just not quite as pretty.

Note oil covering this end that fits to TB side, more to be had when you look in the tube and around the seal, and of course my TB was coated again, I've had to clean it a few times with this non-"catch-can":

All that it ever catches:

Easy to replicate effective home-brew, made for a 4.6 walk-thru, but really for 4.0, just change sides, that's the only diff:
http://ratstangrestoration.com/oilse...stallation.htm

Last edited by wayne613; 08-11-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Is there an oil separator just for V6??

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.