Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Warranty and Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Default Warranty and Intake

So im really confused about the Magnussen moss act. Does this mean that if i need repairs on my car the warranty cannot deny me of coverage?

All ive got so far is a BBk intake, Single Magnaflow ( waiting for exhaust shop who has my gt takeoffs ) and a tune. I know i need to return the car to stock if im warrantied. Does this law really apply to everyone?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:49 PM
JimC

If your mod is the cause of the problem then Ford can deny coverage. The reason is simple, the mod isn't what Ford built and delivered so they can't be held liable for the problem that the mod causes.

But if you put a different muffler on, and the transmission comes apart, they can't deny coverage on the transmission since the muffler had no affect on the transmission that they built and installed. But if your muffler falls off then they don't have to warranty it because it isn't what they built for you.

But the tune means that you changed the computer programming from what Ford built. So by changing the computer programming, if that programming now causes your engine or transmission to break, the cause had nothing to do with what Ford built. Of course they have to demonstrate that the problem is related to the tune (loss of oil because they didn't install the gasket would not be affected by the tune - burning a hole in the piston and sending it through the oil pan causing the loss of oil and due to the tune advancing timing too much would not be covered since the tune was the issue and not the tune that Ford built the car with)