MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.0L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions-66/)
-   -   Struts and Shocks for 2006 V6 Base model (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions/683456-struts-and-shocks-for-2006-v6-base-model.html)

Greg950 10-15-2012 11:51 AM

Struts and Shocks for 2006 V6 Base model

I need to replace the struts and shock on my daughters 2006, but I do not want to put a lot of money into her car since she is only 17 years old and does not drive that much, even though the car is in great shape. I plan to keep the car for about five more years.

I can get the Monroe Sensa Trac's for the front and rear with rebate for about $175.00. I also looked at the KYB GR-2 which would cost me about $250.00 total.

I a want to keep the OEM ride or improve it just a little to where she does not feel every bump and small hole in the road. Has anyone installed the Monroe Sensa Tracs or KYB GR-2? Are you happy with them? How is the ride comfort.

Thanks for the help

Greg

tx_zstang 10-16-2012 07:27 PM

Why not get some take-off OEM shocks and struts? You can find them for far cheaper than any other ones and they should last. If the car was lowered, the stock shocks/struts will wear out prematurely.

Whereabouts in Texas are you? I have some taek-off suspension parts listed in austin's craigslist and on here.

drakefamily2 10-17-2012 12:08 PM

I put the Monroes on my 06, am happy

4.0 $tang 10-26-2012 12:44 AM

Try newtakeoff.com for oem takeoffs.

i just put on some Koni STR.R shocks and struts, paired with SR springs and Gt500 upper strut mounts. It handles like a slot car. Very minimal body roll and increased handling. Only thing is, its more expensive than the oem stuff

157dB 10-26-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang (Post 8080566)
Try newtakeoff.com for oem takeoffs.

Unfortunately new take off only has the GT shocks/struts.

I a want to keep the OEM ride or improve it just a
little to where she does not feel every bump and
small hole in the road.

They dont offer theV6 flavors and
with the increased ride comfort desired,
the GT struts/shocks are not the way to go...

IamNobody 02-23-2013 03:35 AM

The KYB's will have a stiffer/harsher ride then the Monroe's. If you want to have an OEM type feel where every little bump isn't felt then the Monroe's are what you want. Just put a set of Monroe's on my wife's 2004 Accord and they are great.

teetertotter 11-14-2014 03:16 PM

Struts & Ball Joint

I took my car to one of our local front end shops to put on my 4 winter snow tires that are on rims as they have done the past 8 years. I had one ball joint replaced by them last summer and told me the other one should be replace next summer. Rather than wait, I'm having it done the 24th along with replacing the Struts. Figured I might as well get the Struts replaced after 130k+ miles and 9+ years.

Next summer they will do the rear shocks.

Goldenpony 11-14-2014 04:34 PM

The Monroe SensiTraks are a decent choice. I have them on my '85 GT and haven't had any problems out of them.

JJHoover 11-15-2014 03:03 AM

just go to auto zone and get their gabriel's

teetertotter 11-15-2014 08:16 AM

The front end shop will decide what to install on my 06 Mustang, which they have known for 7 years or so. He will be putting on the best parts and I will be relying on his decision. They are strictly a suspension shop, but do tires and brakes too. They know their stuff for years.

I'm 71, and they know I will be wanting only OEM performance.