Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Its sad to know what our country is coming to

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Default Its sad to know what our country is coming to

My 2007 v6 mustang poured about 6 gallons of water onto my floor i documented it and now am told that ford wont cover it because my car is 5 years old .
How does it make everyone feel that some person can manufacter a vehicle and get away with this ?
Why should i the buyer who bought this car for 17,000$ plus a 2.6 k $ aftermarket warranty have to fix this myself or pay ford to do it . My aftermarket warranty wont even cover it . I did not assemble this car ford did, i would understand if this was a 12 year old car but this is pure insanity . How can ford get away with this ? Please help everyone .
My double din aftermarket radio is now shorting out and not responding , my airbag light is flickering on and off .
My car is now falling apart

Last edited by IvanRad; 11-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I take it your Mustang has the documented leaks? It is ashamed that Ford didn't solve the issues when the car was in the beginning stages. People complained about it for 3 years and Ford's solution was to put foam around the black box for the '07 & '08 to help protect the electronics.....basically, they put a Band-Aid on it. However, I will say (knock on wood) that I have not experienced any leaks yet. Could be because I do not drive my car in wet weather and I keep a car cover on it to keep out debris....IDK.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:51 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
I take it your Mustang has the documented leaks? It is ashamed that Ford didn't solve the issues when the car was in the beginning stages. People complained about it for 3 years and Ford's solution was to put foam around the black box for the '07 & '08 to help protect the electronics.....basically, they put a Band-Aid on it. However, I will say (knock on wood) that I have not experienced any leaks yet. Could be because I do not drive my car in wet weather and I keep a car cover on it to keep out debris....IDK.
No i documented the leaks while it was happening . Up hill it was like a fire hydrant leaking everywhere ...
I have the foam , it didnt work ? Does this mean i can have ford fix what they have already fixed ?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Yes, Ford should be ashamed for not standing behind their design and repairing the water leak of all the TSB's. It's reasons like that that I won't own any other Ford products. The same goes for all the other domestic car manufacturers.

As far as extended warranties, I could have told you they're not worth the paper they're printed on. I often recommend to folks asking about an extended warranty to put that money into an interest bearing account. $2,600 would pay to fix that leak and the damage it has caused and still leave you play money.

Sorry to hear about your problem but the leak has obviously already caused corrosion of some of the SJB connections with more to follow.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

have you checked the grommets under the hood... thats where mine was leaking. 5 minute fix...
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

checked the grommets , looks like 10 fat men threw up in it so basically every 4 months i have to clean these grommets .... might as well trade her in if i got to do that. if i clean the grommets whats to stop them from getting clogged again. I sealed around the 10 grommets they seemed fine. Tomorrow i will continue to seal the known leaking areas. Any other tips? how can ford get away with this.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:22 AM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

If you can get your insurance to replace a cracked windshield find a way to get it cracked. Once resealed that usually stops the leaking
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

so i do need to resilicone the windshield.. searched every topic on these forums and not 1 person has resiliconed there windshield
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

This is why you don't buy those aftermarket warranties, they cover little to nothing and there is so much fine print its a waste.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:18 PM
IvanRad
2nd Gear Member

please lets answer questions here..
windshield needs siliconing too? the bottom part where theres a gap

Quick Reply: Its sad to know what our country is coming to