Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Intermittent Radio/Keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 11:33 AM
ProjectLacey

Default Intermittent Radio/Keyless entry?

So I have a 2009 V6, & about 3-5 days ago whilst leaving work I noticed my key fob wouldn't unlock my car. I didn't think much, drove home & replaced the battery with a brand new one... & it still didn't work. Next morning however, it DID work. Back to work & coming home my radio simply cut off & did not work. Few hours later... Radio worked.

So my issue is that both my radio & keyless entry simply do not work at times. Radio cuts off & doesn't work whenever it feels like it. We checked the interior fuses & nothing was blown, so I'm not sure what could be causing this.. Anyone got ideas?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Whenever I hear about gremlins, my first thought is always in regards to the infamous, TSB related water leak. Is the carpet damp by the front passenger kick panel? If you can establish that you have the leak, it prevents a lot of other useless troubleshooting.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:09 AM
ProjectLacey

Originally Posted by Nuke
Whenever I hear about gremlins, my first thought is always in regards to the infamous, TSB related water leak. Is the carpet damp by the front passenger kick panel? If you can establish that you have the leak, it prevents a lot of other useless troubleshooting.
I have noticed water dripping before in the morning(several months ago). Because I was unable to re-create the dripping with hosing the windshield & it never occurred after that I assumed it could have been water coming from my windows which were rolled down & didn't think much of it.