MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.0L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions-66/)
-   -   No Start, No Turnover (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions/727787-no-start-no-turnover.html)

philipswanson 10-07-2016 11:32 AM

No Start, No Turnover

On my 2007 Mustang, all of a sudden it's in a no start or turn over status. Battery is ok (load tested) and the starter is not even getting voltage when the key is turned to start. Fuses are all good. Anybody else experience this ever???? It was fine before and this happened after the car sat for a few days.

Thanks, Phil Swanson

movielover40 10-07-2016 02:34 PM

Check all the negative grounds?

Did you try jump starting it?

artsvettes73 10-07-2016 03:23 PM

You say the fuse are good. Did you check the starter relay?

philipswanson 10-07-2016 04:56 PM

My grandson got frustrated and sold the car cheap as a non runner. I think he tried to reprogram a new FOB and screwed up the original FOB and ended up not having either one work. He got frustrated and basically gave the car away. Somebody made out.

Thanks, Phil

Urambo Tauro 10-08-2016 07:19 AM

Kids... *shakes head*

It was probably going to be something simple, too.

philipswanson 10-08-2016 10:00 AM

This was my grandson's car and he hated it so one more straw and he dumped it. It was truly a POS. That 4.0 V6 was crap. Sounded like crapola and was severely under powered. These cars are cheaply built and nothing like the pre- 74 Mustangs. He was glad to get rid of it, even tho it was for cheap.

Phil Swanson

Urambo Tauro 10-08-2016 12:12 PM

Ok, that puts it into perspective. I kinda had a hunch that he was looking for an excuse to get rid of it. Still, you can get more money for a car that runs...

jz78817 10-09-2016 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by philipswanson (Post 8561879)
This was my grandson's car and he hated it so one more straw and he dumped it. It was truly a POS. That 4.0 V6 was crap. Sounded like crapola and was severely under powered. These cars are cheaply built and nothing like the pre- 74 Mustangs. He was glad to get rid of it, even tho it was for cheap.

Phil Swanson

You seriously think '70s Mustangs were better built? Bwahahahahaha.

All of the issues you've been posting about makes it sound like he bought someone's piece of junk project car they screwed up and dumped. For example I have never heard of a 4.0 developing multiple cracks in a valve cover.

JimC 10-09-2016 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by philipswanson (Post 8561879)

Phil Swanson

Sounds like he was looking for an excuse to get rid of a car he didn't like really.

As far as reliability, the 4.0 is a very strong engine. I put 203,000 miles on my 2006 - after running a shot of nitrous on it for two years and then pulling the nitrous and installing the Xcharger Xtreme supercharger on it at 90,000 miles. That car is still running strong and the current owner has over 245,000 miles on it. Very few problems with that car - common failure like the thermostat housing which didn't happen on that car until 193,000 miles, and that was basically all. It was rarely in the shop.

JJHoover 10-09-2016 09:22 PM

Sounds like you are trying to blame the car for your grandsons failures. I have 260k miles on my S/C 4.0 with only having to fix normal items.