Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

RMP Drops and Occasional Stalling (When in Park)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 09:27 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Default RMP Drops and Occasional Stalling (When in Park)

Hey everyone,

I am having a strange issue. I have a 2005 V6 automatic. My RPMs will drop during a few instance:

- Right at start up
- After driving, and I put it in park (will occasionally stall)
- When the fans kick on when I'm idling in drive

I have no idea what's going on. The RPMs get very low when I put it in park after driving. The engine shakes really badly, or it will just stall completely. The drop when the fans come on lasts about a second, as does start up. I don't notice any performance loss while driving.

Within the past week, I have replaced the following parts, so it's not these:
- Alternator (I had a P0622 code for a while)
- Battery (Negative terminal was cracked, and it was part of the P0622 debacle of 2017)
- Spark plugs (engine was starting to misfire. I was so blinded by the P0622 issue, I overlooked the plugs)

Now, I REALLY thought those things would solve that, as this issue has been going on for a while, but no. I have nothing extra drawing substantial power. Any ideas? I have attached a video of the issue. This one wasn't as bad as other times. This is shifting into park after 35 mile drive. Ignore the airbag light and cicadas in the background.

Any ideas? Does something just need to be cleaned? Thank you...

VIDEO
Old 07-19-2017, 08:11 AM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Well... I cleaned and re-oiled the air filter, cleaned the MAF sensor, and cleaned the throttle body. One (or all) of those fixed the problem.