Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Two issues after purchase.

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 03:27 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

OH, and I have not been in the engine compartment compartment, till today. I ordered a catch
can, to find out I need TWO of them, after looking, so I won't be doing that... So, I have a
catch can that will sit and never get used..

SO, while looking, I noticed the air box lid is not fastened down! Those two tabs, I found you have
to press them into the rectangular holes. They were not pressed in, it was just OPEN there...
So, my Air box has been open on one side for over 1000.00 miles, AND I drove it like that all night
in the RAIN from 9PM to 7:30AM; 471 miles... Wheel bearings went in my primary vehicle,
this is my backup.

SO, I fastened it!!

Also, they are not going to fix the radio (CD changer), they want $500 to replace it, and I can go
aftermarket for less than half of that, and have a touch screen.

FORD was just for the trans service, their Acura dealer did the service work, and cluster.
He wants to see if they are going to take over, or still have Acura do the gauge cluster. I
still need to see of the harness is back there for the info setup reset center to plug into.
They had it as far as 2007. So I said, Acura can either fix it, or give me $100 and I will do
it myself...

Last edited by 08'MustangDude; 02-15-2018 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:09 PM
JimC

You only need the oil catch can on the passenger side. The driver side doesn't produce any oil blow by. I upgraded a friend's car to the Xcharger Xtreme. When I was prepping it I found a catch can on the driver side. He didn't even know it was there, had never checked it, and it was bone dry. And others found over the years that only the passenger side accumulates any oil.

So no, you don't need 2 catch cans. Just the passenger side where the PCV is located.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:06 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Thanks. I did pull the hose off the driver side and saw it was dry. Did not pull the passenger
side off, but will, maybe tomorrow...
Old 02-17-2018, 11:03 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Hood scoops and spoilers were options that many Mustang owners later added. Some switched out the Shaker 500 for the 1000. I suspect the previous owner did just that. I think you have the right idea by buying what your need on ebay and doing the work yourself.
Old 02-17-2018, 12:47 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Mine has the Shaker500, I think the Premiums got the 1000, which adds the other amp
and subwoofer. Doesn't do any good to switch the radio, there isn't anything different, they
just add the amp and subs, I read. Mine even has a SUB adjustment, and the plug in the back
for the subwoofer outputs, but I do not have a subwoofer. I think you can just switch the
radio's face plate from SHaker500 to Shaker1000 and add the hardware... The face plate
does come off, and has two ribbon cables to the radio.

Anyhow, get this: Yesterday evening, I get a call, from Smail Auto Group, I have been waiting for this call, you know,
so see what they're going to do about this situation. Instead, she asks about a car I was interested in, and if I were
STILL interested in purchasing. I said, I called about service issues, and she was like, oh, but are you still interested
in purchasing a vehicle? I said; seriously? I bought the friggin' car THREE weeks ago, and you're JUST getting back
to me, NOW?! You got to be kidding me; and I just hung up the phone. SO, yeah, I think I know what I am dealing with,
with these people...
Old 02-17-2018, 07:09 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by 08'MustangDude
Mine has the Shaker500, I think the Premiums got the 1000, which adds the other amp
Premium didn't automatically get the Shaker 1000. That was a separate order item. I had the premium, with lots of extras, but not the 1000 just the 500.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:02 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Premium didn't automatically get the Shaker 1000. That was a separate order item. I had the premium, with lots of extras, but not the 1000 just the 500.
Same here, I got the Pony Package with the IUP but not the Shaker 1000. To be honest, you would be better off with an aftermarket radio. These Shakers aren't all that and certainly not worth $500 to replace it. Go to https://www.crutchfield.com/S-UuHHMBafHxq/ and see what they have for our Mustangs. You don't have to purchase from them, but just see what's out there.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:23 PM
08'MustangDude
Banned

I have already looked into aftermarket, priced out what I need; Radio, Harness and module,
face plate adapter, and antenna adapter. Walmart actually has everything.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:22 AM
08'MustangDude
Banned

Well, after this LONG wait, went back in for another replacement Friday, and it did the SAME
thing; Brake, ABS, and TCS light are on, and they assured me they got a cluster from
a car that did not have it. SO, they took it out, and put the first replacement in. It was
done in about 2 hours, but then I waited ANOTHER two hours as they did research on how
to fix it. They finally came up with calling their ford dealer, and was told it needs programmed.

So, back in NEXT Friday... They sent the cluster to their ford dealer
Old 03-18-2018, 03:35 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Wow, I hope they are going to give you a FREE rental for all the trouble you are having.

Quick Reply: Two issues after purchase.