MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.0L V6 Technical Discussions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions-66/)
-   -   2006, Ford Mustang V6, been in limp mode for 5 years!!! But i paid it off... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l-v6-technical-discussions/737196-2006-ford-mustang-v6-been-in-limp-mode-for-5-years-but-i-paid-it-off.html)

Tammi Tatum 03-30-2019 03:31 PM

2006, Ford Mustang V6, been in limp mode for 5 years!!! But i paid it off...

I have a beautiful Mustang with a bad ass body kit, with one of a kind pipes as well... It looks beautiful parked in the driveway.... It is an official driveway ornament... I wash it occasionally... to show its beauty...5 years of not driving it, while it is just sitting pretty...Sick of it not running... . Oh it will run, goes about 30 MPH, in any gear... It is STUCK in limp mode. Actually stuck. nothing has worked. Ya, i did all the little tricks... I have had countless mechanics replace so many parts and.sensors, TPS, MASS AIR FLOW, Throttle Body, and more.. i cant even remember EVERYTHING. I even had auto zone put in on their computer to see what was wrong with it... it came up as needing an air filter... so i bought one (another one!) and guess what? It did not change a thing... Nothing else came up on their professional card reader... Anyways nothing has helped. Its been a money pit. My late husband put about 10,000 worth of parts to make it beautiful... When he died, not only did i lose him, but my cleaning business as well... I have not had steady income since... I was easily replaced...(enough of that long story) Anyways, I need serious help on this car. I will try anything suggested.... But no.. I don't want to part it out. I had to shell out $4700 recently (OUT OF THIN AIR, i owe i owe i owe...) just to pay it off... One mechanic said it was my computer... but which one, he didn't tell me that part... I have been getting the air bag recall notice for years now... and no I cannot drive it to the dealer to get that fixed. Why didn't Ford have a recall regarding this? I see it has happened to many 2006 Mustang owners... Any suggestions????...

07 Stang 03-30-2019 05:16 PM

Tammi I am sorry for all the trouble you are going through. Try posting this in the 4.0 V6 Technical section. This page is for the 3.7 V6. Hopefully with all the knowledgeable Mustang owners out there, someone may be able to help you.

JimC 03-30-2019 07:51 PM

You need a Ford garage to pull the codes.They can go deeper to find them. Auto Zone and places that you have been to haven't pulled the data you need to find out why this is happening. There is no code for an "air filter" so Auto Zone simply sold you a part because they didn't know what else to do.

JJHoover 03-31-2019 08:28 AM

when mine went into limp mode a few years ago it was the Mass Air Flow sensor. I got one at autozone and it did not work, took it to the dealership they replaced the MAF and it has been running fine since then.