4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

hey guys????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default hey guys????

hey there guys and gals do any of you know where i can get a mrt i believe catted h-pipe for cheaper than $500????
Old 03-02-2006, 11:30 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: hey guys????

i take it no one gives a sh**.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Yes you can get the Mac O/R H for under 500. You can get an MRT Catted H for about $515 (or maybe that's only for the GT's). You'd have to do some shopping, but I think the Mac Catted H is available at lmperformance.com
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i didn't really here good things about mac and isn't the mac not stainless steel???? I would really want to keep going with the stainless steel.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

i didn't really here good things about mac and isn't the mac not stainless steel???? I would really want to keep going with the stainless steel.
I believe they have a stainless steel version available... It would obviously cost more but it is still probably close to $500. And I haven't heard anything bad about the recent Mac products. I guess a few years ago they got a bad reputation for poorly fitting products, but have since then cleaned up their act so to speak. You could also get the "Dura Black" coated one. It is basically a high heat paint put on their pipes to avoid rust...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:45 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

MAC has stainless steel, my catback didnt fit that great. i dont know how there mid pipes fit. go for the prochamber.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:47 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StickShifty

MAC has stainless steel, my catback didnt fit that great. i dont know how there mid pipes fit. go for the prochamber.
Everybody I have talked to with the Mac H says it fit perfectly for them. Never really heard anything about the catbacks though.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i already have a cat-back magnaflow system so all i would need is the h pipe, but i was reading on it and it says its aluminized or something.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:51 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

i already have a cat-back magnaflow system so all i would need is the h pipe, but i was reading on it and it says its aluminized or something.
Aluminzed steel rusts much faster than stainless steel. However if you park your car in the garage or don't get a lot of rain, you probably wouldnt have to worry about rust too much with an aluminzed pipe.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:54 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

yeah i only drive it in the rain when i'm already out and it starts raining otherwise its in the garage (thats where it is right this second). Of course i never drive it in the snow.

Quick Reply: hey guys????