4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowered the Stang

Old 03-03-2006, 12:18 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Lowered the Stang

ORIGINAL: Jewjenk

Not hard at all, springs were 165.00. Fronts took off the brake caliper, lower shock bolts and stabilizer bolts, lowered the spring with a jack (carefully) then reversed the proceedure...
Rears, unbolted the lower shock mounts, and the rear stabilizer shock. Then lowered the spring..
wow... you got jacked on the price of the springs.. I paid 141 with mustangboards coupon from mustangtuning.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:25 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

i dont know if its just me, but the front looks like it lowered way more then the rear which in turn the car in the pics looks like crap... it looks like the front is sitting on the tires and the rear looks like it still has a gap. Maybe take some better pics with better lighting.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Your car looks just like mine! I like it
Old 03-03-2006, 04:01 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

how come your car looks lower then mine and i have a lower kit then yours...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

Your car looks just like mine! I like it
Haha..and mine...
Old 03-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Jewjenk
1st Gear Member

Actually I like the look of a higher tail, I have seen a lot of stangs and other cars that look like there is too much junk in the trunk and on the highway they look like they are about to take off, I do believe that this lightness in the front end can cause high speed instability. I also don't worry about bottoming out in the rear. And in my profession, cars with loaded trunk looks, is enough probable cause to get pulled over by the police. And in one county in SC they will even measure the distance between the front lights and the ground to see if you violate the minimum and maximum bumper distance from the ground. Goes for lowered and raised cars and trucks.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Jewjenk
1st Gear Member

Rides great, turns are much better....
Old 03-03-2006, 09:57 PM
ilbehaved
1st Gear Member

i think it looks good.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Billywrd
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jewjenk

Actually I like the look of a higher tail, I have seen a lot of stangs and other cars that look like there is too much junk in the trunk and on the highway they look like they are about to take off, I do believe that this lightness in the front end can cause high speed instability. I also don't worry about bottoming out in the rear. And in my profession, cars with loaded trunk looks, is enough probable cause to get pulled over by the police. And in one county in SC they will even measure the distance between the front lights and the ground to see if you violate the minimum and maximum bumper distance from the ground. Goes for lowered and raised cars and trucks.
I like the look, but it would look better even. So are you saying that my stock Roush would catch flack for how low it is? The cop would have to kiss my tail pipe for that one.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:51 PM
dobry
2nd Gear Member

front looks really low and I mean maybe even too low, did you do everything correctly ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowered the Stang