4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I just had a HORRIBLE night at the track.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 02:46 AM
JonBeast

Default RE: I just had a HORRIBLE night at the track.....

ORIGINAL: Emann0007

OMG Jon!!![] Did you put the T/A back on and set it to the correct degrre b4 you tried to restart it? Did you disconnect the battery and then re connect and try to start it??? And you trapped at 99mph??! You bastard!
Yea....but I'm pretty sure I ran 15.XX because I missed 2nd. I didn't get a slip....cause I was sitting on my *** at the end of the track for 10 mins.[:@]
Old 03-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

ORIGINAL: Fryguy22

Cause I take my car to Pro Tune too
Nice, Rob works on your car?
Yea dude. I bought my car from one of his best friends. Only been there once since I bought the car. I'm going to head back once I have money to spend.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:50 AM
JonBeast

Is the sensor still in the correct position? If not, it can't read the timing and wont start....
Yea...that seems to be the problem....I'm just gonna get it back to stock specs so I don't have to worry about that hellacious thing.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:53 AM
JonBeast

Cause I take my car to Pro Tune too
Nice, Rob works on your car?
Yea dude. I bought my car from one of his best friends. Only been there once since I bought the car. I'm going to head back once I have money to spend.
Awesome. Yea....Rob installed some stuff on my car. Hes a cool guy.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

small world. I probably live like 5 minutes from you.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:54 AM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Is the sensor still in the correct position? If not, it can't read the timing and wont start....
Yea...that seems to be the problem....I'm just gonna get it back to stock specs so I don't have to worry about that hellacious thing.

Leave it on and torque those bolts down next time! you better go back and come home with a handful of slips
Old 03-04-2006, 02:58 AM
JonBeast

Leave it on and torque those bolts down next time! you better go back and come home with a handful of slips
It was torqed to factory specs....I tihnk the bolt is messed up.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:10 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Me and my buddy went to the track tonight. Its about an hr and 30 mins from my house.

So we get up there, get in line, everything. I get up there...little burnout, and stage. Lights go, I spin hard first, try to powershift second, miss....throw it in, spin 2nd a little, then powershift into 3, 4th, and peg it across the line top of fourth. I let off fourth......revs down a bit, backfires, then my rpms drop like a rock, my tach needle bounces off the peg, car dies. So I drift to the end of the track, and get a tow back to the pits. Turns out the wheel on my timing adjuster came loose somehow, my buddy happened to have a socket to tighten it down. But the car won't turn over...it cranks, but wont turn over, I'm assuming the computer just went into down mode because of the fcked up timing....im hoping its not something serious. So....at the end of the night, i called AAA had to pay $140 bucks to get it towed 50 miles back to my town and over to Protune. I left the car there, and my guy is gonna look at the timing adjuster tomorrow afternoon. I just told him to take the fcker off.

I trapped at 99, not even sure what i ran.....so thats pretty cool....but im fcking pissed off that i only got one run, and it sucked by missing a gear, and im out 140 bucks, 12 bucks to get into the track.....and the condition of my car is pending.

What a horrible night. Do you guys think its just the T/A? If its anything more serious, im FCKED
Damm and I really wanted to see if the underdrives made a difference
Old 03-04-2006, 03:11 AM
JonBeast

Yea.....[&o]

I'm not sure when I'll be getting up there again.....I'm afraid to break something and have to get fcking towed again....my car has tooo many miles[:@]

Edit: BTW....I mailed out my stockers this afternoon
Old 03-04-2006, 03:16 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Yea.....[&o]

I'm not sure when I'll be getting up there again.....I'm afraid to break something and have to get fcking towed again....my car has tooo many miles[:@]

Edit: BTW....I mailed out my stockers this afternoon
Sweet

I got my MPH stuff today, but I am still waiting on the main vortech pakage. Looks like I might get it maybe wensday

Quick Reply: I just had a HORRIBLE night at the track.....