MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Getting closer...long (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/101808-getting-closer-long.html)

GSXRIntensity 03-05-2006 04:39 AM

Getting closer...long

~Well, Saturday I went up to the shop and got some answers I am finally happy with instead of all this bullsh*t guesswork. I had my dad come along with me & also brought a family friend whose been a certified automechanic for over 12yrs for some added security to see that I wasn't getting bent over, or if he could help the guys locate what the problem seems to be w/my car.
~As it turned out it worked out well having my friend come along. Both him & CJ (shop owner and mechanic who has been working on my car) were able to discuss things in a manner that had me just nodding my head lol! Sorta like when I am racing the bike on the track...I'm the racer...I tell ya what I need, but I have to have someone else make it happen for me. Anyway, in the end CJ, my dad and our friend decided to get some OEM replacement O2's, because the current ones I have on the car now are from Autozone & have been on the car for over 6k miles. When hooked up to the scanner they are not flipping between .2-.7 or whatever they are supposed to. They are constant.
~We also were able to determine there might be a problem with the MAF. When it's hooked up it idles differently than when it's disconnected. So, we're getting another MAF sensor too. Once the new O2's and MAF are on, we'll get a scanner on the car to see how things are. To be continued...

code3GT 03-05-2006 07:25 AM

RE: Getting closer...long

Good luck, bro.

ackuric 03-05-2006 12:54 PM

good luck, it sucks you're having car trouble. So many things can go wrong on cars its ridiculous, especially when it comes to tricky sensors or electrical problems.

code3GT 03-05-2006 02:59 PM

Remember Jody, when I was telling you about the sensor gremlins I went through? Keep your head up, it will get better.

GSXRIntensity 03-05-2006 04:48 PM

I am maintaining a better degree of confidence now that I know something. I HATE this waiting period, but want it done right. Seeing as everyone seemed to be on the same page yesterday it was reassuring to me, so I can wait a little longer. Thanks for all the support everyone!

GSXRIntensity 03-05-2006 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Good luck, bro.
Did you have O2 or MAF issues too? You have specifically mentioned to me about the cam sensor, and FCM. What other problems did you have to battle with?

code3GT 03-05-2006 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: GSXRIntensity

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Good luck, bro.
Did you have O2 or MAF issues too? You have specifically mentioned to me about the cam sensor, and FCM. What other problems did you have to battle with?

I had to replace the O2 sensors as well.