4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What Midpipe do you HAVE?!? AND WHY?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 01:35 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

Default What Midpipe do you HAVE?!? AND WHY?!

what midpipe do you have on your mustang? and why do you have that kind...sound/performance/looks..ect.. im doing this study cuz i am figuring about 80-90% do have cats...hahahah
Old 03-05-2006, 01:37 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What Midpipe do you HAVE?!? AND WHY?!

I have stock catted midpipe atm...but I plan to get a catted MRT h-pipe fairly soon when I do buy an aftermarket...my reasons for going catted are mainly because I live in California and its a huge fine here and possible impoundation of your vehicle if you get caught without cats...AND it really isnt a big difference in performance, so its not wortht he risks for me.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:40 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

i see i see, yea cali doesnt let you do much to your vehicles do they? cuz if you got some good muffs, or not any at all, itll be loud and agressive yet...i get your point...jail/big **** fine or sound/performance? hmmmm no thanks bubba!
Old 03-05-2006, 02:25 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hurleymasta

i see i see, yea cali doesnt let you do much to your vehicles do they? cuz if you got some good muffs, or not any at all, itll be loud and agressive yet...i get your point...jail/big **** fine or sound/performance? hmmmm no thanks bubba!
You can actually do alot to your car here in California...you just have to make sure that you keep it CARB approved and what not. Lucky for me, they make CARB approved superchargers...so I wont have a problem with that when the time comes.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

im stock right now, but want to get an o/r h pipe when i do my exhaust. the reasons are hard to pick from...an aftermarket midpipe has more hp than stock...no matter if its catless of highflow cats...so thats why im getting it. im getting it catless cuz its a lot cheaper. i also think it will sound better. so you can put me down for like 4 votes? lol

stock, catless: cheap, catless: sound, catless: performance.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:02 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

hahahhah nice, yea they are cheaper that is for sure, you would THINK, since we want to 'save the environment' they would make it the opposite, make it way cheaper for cats and way expensive for o/r, that way there is more incnetive to get cats, but whatever hahaha

hey SOHCtimes2, is that a pic of you or jus some random girl? shes a hottie!! hahahha how many girls are on here anyways with mustangs, that is so hot when chicks are into cars! dont you all think so?

i bought my gt and it was catless when i bought it, but if it did have them on there i would take them off, just dont like them, the kicker is its not even proven yet to harm the ozone that is just what they are thnking, go figure? so until it does, i will have my fun in the sun! hahaha
Old 03-05-2006, 03:03 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Lol that picture is Jessica Alba, shes my ultimate dreamgirl. I wish I could marry her! lol
Old 03-05-2006, 03:21 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

emissions won't let me use a catless. there's only like a 1-2HP difference anyway.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:22 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

whoooooooHOOO shes a hottie with a bodyYYYYY o man! i wouldnt kick her outa bed ! [sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Old 03-05-2006, 03:25 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I have a 97 GT with a stock mid pipe. Flowmaster catback... sounds good.

When I pull my tranny in a few weeks, I'm getting a catted midpipe possibly by BBK or the like. Not sure of H or X yet. Going catted cuz it's only 1 or 2 hp less than catless, and I don't want check engine and I don't want the risk of losin the car due to no cats.

George

Quick Reply: What Midpipe do you HAVE?!? AND WHY?!