MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   TB/Plenum Install and Header Questions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/102733-tb-plenum-install-and-header-questions.html)

Thunder Chief 03-07-2006 09:58 PM

TB/Plenum Install and Header Questions

1. Ordered the Accufab TB/Plenum combo, does anyone have a tech site that can walk me through the install. Not really mechanically inclined. Any precautions I should know about?

2. Considering LT headers but not sure they will match my set-up. I have stock cats, not sure what type of crossover, and put a Flowmaster AT Cat back exhaust on a year ago. Will BBK or other brand header install with my current pipes?

2002 GT the rest is attached....tc

rbstang 03-07-2006 10:07 PM

RE: TB/Plenum Install and Header Questions

ORIGINAL: Thunder Chief

1. Ordered the Accufab TB/Plenum combo, does anyone have a tech site that can walk me through the install. Not really mechanically inclined. Any precautions I should know about?

2. Considering LT headers but not sure they will match my set-up. I have stock cats, not sure what type of crossover, and put a Flowmaster AT Cat back exhaust on a year ago. Will BBK or other brand header install with my current pipes?

2002 GT the rest is attached....tc
1. its basically unbolt, rebolt setup.

2. All Long tube headers connect to a short midpipe then that connects to your catback.

WAG03GT 03-07-2006 10:24 PM

Tb and plenum is easy..just take the bolts off and put em back on

SilverGTV8 03-07-2006 11:01 PM

75mm Accufab and C&L Install

This is my write up on my install:D. It will be just abour the same for you.;)

I am hoping to do my brakes this weekend and have a write up for the following for the installation of Line Lock, braided lines, pads, and rotors :)

rudemood12 03-07-2006 11:26 PM

where did you purchase the tps from? not a bad idea.

-EDIT- nm, just purchased one from rockauto. DY967, correct?

SilverGTV8 03-08-2006 12:06 AM

I got mine straight from Ford.

Went looking through my pictures and the TPS number is DY-967.

rudemood12 03-08-2006 12:19 AM

yup, thats the one i got. sweet. thanks for the tip. ill feel much better about my install when i get around to it.

01yellowgt 03-08-2006 12:22 AM

I got mine straight from Ford.

Went looking through my pictures and the TPS number is DY-967.
same here, but i just ended up putting the old on back on

bb1211 03-08-2006 01:03 AM

if your not experienced working on cars then i wouldn't do it yourself, there are some tricky aspects of installing the tb/plenum. if you do it wrong your car won't run right. i'd atleast get a buddy who's more mechanically inclined to help you out.

SilverGTV8 03-08-2006 08:34 AM

There aren't any real "Tips or Tricks" to installing a TB/Plenum and you don't need any experience. [>:] Someone is afraid of turning wrenches on his own car:eek:

It is a direct replacment.

The ONLY thing you need to be careful of is setting the TPS correctly. That is the only thing that can through a CEL if it is set wrong.

Checking for leaks is another thing that should be done. But if all the gaskets are in place and not damaged it won't leak. The best thing to do to check for leaks is spray a little carb cleaner or brake cleaner around the gaskets and listen for a change in idle. If there is a leak it will draw the carb/brake fluid in and the idle will change for a split second. For the most part I haven't come across one that leaked after an install.

You know what you should be really afraid of? I am an automation engineer. I take multi million dollar machines apart regularly. No directions and it hasn't been done since it left the factory. That's scary, turning a wrench on a 1hr project on a car is cake. I'd give it 1 wrench out of 5 for difficulty.

You can do it guy, there isn't anything you need to worry about other then the setting the TPS which is covered in the write up.