4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Going with the Zex Dry Nitrous Kit, 2 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Going with the Zex Dry Nitrous Kit, 2 questions...

I am the same way, i dont want to have any problems with the nitrous. will this affect the regular performance at all?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:29 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Wick001

I am the same way, i dont want to have any problems with the nitrous. will this affect the regular performance at all?

Nope.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

thanks for the info wick. i really want to do nitrous. its a big extra kick, and its so unique too, at least around here. i just wanted to ask people who go with it. i do think ill be fine if i decide to do it over summer cuz i will be putting on the nitrous kit, purge, bottle warmer, blow down tube, window switch, lots of accessories. did u get a window switch? if so...what rpm range are you going to spray through? j/w...i want nitrous but this is my only car and a daily driver...if i blow my engine, i am screwed lol. but i think with the necessary precautions it will be fine. thank you for the reassurance lol.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:52 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

if you wanted to be safer, would you go wet?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:54 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

thanks for the info wick. i really want to do nitrous. its a big extra kick, and its so unique too, at least around here. i just wanted to ask people who go with it. i do think ill be fine if i decide to do it over summer cuz i will be putting on the nitrous kit, purge, bottle warmer, blow down tube, window switch, lots of accessories. did u get a window switch? if so...what rpm range are you going to spray through? j/w...i want nitrous but this is my only car and a daily driver...if i blow my engine, i am screwed lol. but i think with the necessary precautions it will be fine. thank you for the reassurance lol.
I ran my window switch from 2800-5800 rpms. As long as you don't "cheap out" on your kit and get all the safety switches, you'll be good to go.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

quick question for wick...whats the part number of the kit you got? in my research all of the dry kits for zex only say up to 1998 for Mustangs...even though its the same engine and shouldnt really matter. do you just use that kit? or is there a different dry kit for the 99-04s?

Edit: I also found a kind of universal dry kit...part #249-82015...which is the same part number as the one for the 96-98 4.6...so is that the right kit?
Old 03-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

yeah part# 82015 is the correct kit for V8 EFI

75-125 Dry Shot

IMO its safer to run a dry shot in my case because this kit has an advanced feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel. The engine never runs too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous system. You also dont have to worry about mixing the fuel w/nitrous...And they are supposed to be better for N/A engines, if you have F/I Wet kits are safer i guess.

For now, the only thing im buying is the bottle pressure gage. I want to see how the WOT switch works and feels before i buy another switch.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

thanks for the info wick. much appreciated.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:19 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

yeah part# 82015 is the correct kit for V8 EFI

75-125 Dry Shot

IMO its safer to run a dry shot because this kit has an advanced feature called "Active Fuel Control". This feature monitors nitrous bottle pressure and adds or subtracts enrichment fuel. The engine never runs too rich or too lean when engaging the nitrous system. You also dont have to worry about mixing the fuel w/nitrous...And they are supposed to be better for N/A engines, if you have F/I Wet kits are safer i guess.

For now, the only thing im buying is the bottle pressure gage. I want to see how the WOT switch works and feels before i buy another switch.

The ZEX WOT switch runs off the TPS. Awesome way to go...good luck.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:40 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

why is it recommended to run different plugs with nitrous?

What would happen if i run stock with a 75 shot?

what do these NGK TR6 plugs do that the stock ones dont?
They are a colder plug. "I" would run a colder plug, but that's just me. They are cheap insurance. I am overly cautious.
Yeah didn't you blow a motor using n20 spraying a 175 or somethin?

Quick Reply: Going with the Zex Dry Nitrous Kit, 2 questions...