4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help! Recommend me and exhaust!

Old 03-11-2006, 03:37 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Default RE: Help! Recommend me and exhaust!

LoL, PLENTY of people have Borla... and quite a few have Bassani. I would say Bassani is probably the rarest, but probably because most people don't like it.
hmm meebix,, you confuse me sometimes,,

sure, plenty of people have it,, but compared to SLP, MagnaFlow, Flowmaster,, its much much less common

and if you think people dont buy Bassanni or Borla because they dont like it, youre crazy [8D]

i think ive even heard YOU say that you wouldnt spend the money,,and i think that is the normal reason

Old 03-11-2006, 06:44 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

i have MAC and i love it, its got a prochamber too so its louder, but MAN it just growls and its MEAN i would AT LEAST listen to a bunch of different ones b4 you buy one. mac is good quality....but so are most, ESP. stailness like borla but when i hear borla i think ricer! so its up to you tho!@
Old 03-11-2006, 07:22 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

There's an 02 GT with a Bassani X and a Bassani cat back, it really made me want to get that setup... but if that car ever sells I'll feel like a clone My stang is REALLY unique for around here, I'm the black stang with the big *** tires

Borla is the way I want to go! Tomorrow (or tonight maybe even) I may go to the place where that 02 GT is being sold (so I can borrow their lift) and I'll bring my video camera and get an exhaust clip of it compared to my dronemasters.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:07 PM
stang23456
1st Gear Member

I have mac mufflers on my 04 GT with a pro chamber. Sounds the best by far !!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
HIGHLANDER
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red99gt

Hey guys. I was just wondering what exhaust could get the sound im looking for. Right now my car has some Flowmaster 40's on it. There is too much interior resonance. I'm looking for something just as loud or maybe a little louder but a lot less interior noise. Also can any one recommend a system that has a unique sound only a 4.6 Mustang can make? I was looking at SLP LM and LM2's but I don't want an annonying sounds all the time. Also would those systems have more or less interior resonance. These Flowmasters just drone all the time and gets annoying. Thanks guys.
I have an '02 Silver GT with a complete SLP 330 HP Performance Pac.

* Long-Tube ceramic coated headers
* PowerFlo-X Crossover Pipes - Short Assembly
* High-flow catalytic converters
* Loud Mouth cat-back exhaust
* DiabloSport Predator (SLP Tune)
* Underdrive Pulleys
* K & N Air-Filter
* 160 Degree Thermostat

All parts are stainless steel and fit and finish are great. I highly recommend the SLP components. Don't worry about interior resonance even with the original Loud Mouth exhaust. While driving at normal highway speeds interior resonance is no problem at all. However, when you drop the hammer the exhaust comes alive. In other words it is very LOUD!

The SLP components are well worth the cost.

* I recommend the Loud Mouth over the Loud Mouth 2
* SLP exhaust systems also allow you to switch between cats and off road pipes (swap is very simple)

[sm=hail.gif] SLP

Trust me I know about loud exhaust systems. Before I bought my '02 GT I had a 500 horsepower '79 Corvette with full length chrome Hooker Headers, no cats, and 4 inch chrome sidepipes! [sm=guilty.gif]

Good luck in your search for an exhaust system. If you have any questions e-mail me.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:46 PM
Thunder Chief
1st Gear Member

Just depends on what you like, my Flows are fine, adding LT headers in the next month, want to talk about drone? I drove from NM to Va, 70 MPH average, I can still hear a flea fart....tc
Old 03-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Dragon02GT
2nd Gear Member

I haven't heard anyone say anyting about Dynomax. They are very good mufflers but they are not loud except at WOT. I had them on my 02 GT but got rid of them cuz I wanted more sound. I like the Flowmasters but since you don't, and you dont want to spend a lot, get the Dynomax mufflers. I am suprised with all the responses no one has said anything about them.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:28 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HIGHLANDER

ORIGINAL: red99gt

Hey guys. I was just wondering what exhaust could get the sound im looking for. Right now my car has some Flowmaster 40's on it. There is too much interior resonance. I'm looking for something just as loud or maybe a little louder but a lot less interior noise. Also can any one recommend a system that has a unique sound only a 4.6 Mustang can make? I was looking at SLP LM and LM2's but I don't want an annonying sounds all the time. Also would those systems have more or less interior resonance. These Flowmasters just drone all the time and gets annoying. Thanks guys.
I have an '02 Silver GT with a complete SLP 330 HP Performance Pac.

* Long-Tube ceramic coated headers
* PowerFlo-X Crossover Pipes - Short Assembly
* High-flow catalytic converters
* Loud Mouth cat-back exhaust
* DiabloSport Predator (SLP Tune)
* Underdrive Pulleys
* K & N Air-Filter
* 160 Degree Thermostat

All parts are stainless steel and fit and finish are great. I highly recommend the SLP components. Don't worry about interior resonance even with the original Loud Mouth exhaust. While driving at normal highway speeds interior resonance is no problem at all. However, when you drop the hammer the exhaust comes alive. In other words it is very LOUD!

The SLP components are well worth the cost.

* I recommend the Loud Mouth over the Loud Mouth 2
* SLP exhaust systems also allow you to switch between cats and off road pipes (swap is very simple)

[sm=hail.gif] SLP

Trust me I know about loud exhaust systems. Before I bought my '02 GT I had a 500 horsepower '79 Corvette with full length chrome Hooker Headers, no cats, and 4 inch chrome sidepipes! [sm=guilty.gif]

Good luck in your search for an exhaust system. If you have any questions e-mail me.
that will give you 330 hp??
Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Wick001
3rd Gear Member

I have Magnaflow Magnapacks and i love them. They sound much better than the LMII's IMO with the stock mid pipe, and probably awesome with an aftermarket x or h
Old 03-12-2006, 01:32 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

that will give you 330 hp??
I have always wondered if those worked. With those mods listed... That number is DEF. not to the wheels. At least Im pretty sure...
Thats probably at the flywheel or crank or something.

Matter of fact, that number is way off. Code has a complete N/A engine rebuild and only has 342 to the wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help! Recommend me and exhaust!