4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need some help picked exhaust ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 03:47 PM
IdleStallion

Default Need some help picked exhaust ...

Ok, I will admit, I am one of those people who bought a mustang because I love the car, but I dont know anything about after-market accessories. Its almost all greek to me. Cat back? X pipe? I need someone to please explain to me what all this means, and then help me pick an exhaust system for my car.

I have a 2003 Mustang GT. I think flowmasters sound way too throaty in my opinion. I am looking for something with some extra rumble, better performance, but nothing as loud as flowmasters.

I was also thinking about having a Diablo Chip installed. Any feedback as far as that goes?

Any help would be much appreciated. =))

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2004, 04:31 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some help picked exhaust ...

Beat yeah N2O,
You would probably like a magnaflow cat back. Sound real nice and give an excellent performance gain. A H/X pipe is the intermediate pipe between you exhaust manifolds and you muffler system. An H give a more nostalgic sound and X give a little more raspyier sound but offers better performance than an H. Most people run cats for emissions reasons, I for one do.

As far as a setup goes, I would recommend a magnaflow catted x-pipe and and magnaflow magnaflow cat back. The Magnapack system maybe to much based on what you think of Slowmasters.

As far as a chip goes, might be a waste of money at this time if you plan on performing more modifications, intake, gears, pullies, TA and/or more exhaust work that kind of thing. You can get custom burns once you get the set-up you want. Programmers offer then best in tuning with standard bolt ons, but Grantelli hasn't realeased the predeator for the 03 GT's yet. I for one will be on the list because of it's trouble shooting abilities and tuning abilites for bolt ons.

Give a listen to my car in my sig and let me know what you think
Old 02-21-2004, 12:33 AM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need some help picked exhaust ...

Hi Ho Silver.......Away!

You know I'm with you buddy! couldn't have said it better myself[sm=smiley2.gif]

Go Magnaflow catted X and Magnaflow catback. You'll be WAY pleased. The Magnapack system is too raspy for my taste. Magnaflows offer performance for your money.