4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitto Drag Radials???

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:31 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitto Drag Radials???

For the most part, and you can run slicks.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:33 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZW99GT

If u are on a sticky track, you might bog doing that. I used to dump my clutch @4500 and cut 1.8's on street tires. If u have a really crappy track, you may need to slip out the clutch, but hope not. Thats the biggest thrill for me about drag racing. I didnt have a very fast car, so I got my thrills by outlaunching people.

I'd LOVE to see that slip... 1.8's on street tires on a GT? Unless you're supercharged, and even though i doubt it. Hell with a 1.8 60' you should beable to run around 13.6 stock.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:36 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

If u are on a sticky track, you might bog doing that. I used to dump my clutch @4500 and cut 1.8's on street tires. If u have a really crappy track, you may need to slip out the clutch, but hope not. Thats the biggest thrill for me about drag racing. I didnt have a very fast car, so I got my thrills by outlaunching people.

I'd LOVE to see that slip... 1.8's on street tires on a GT? Unless you're supercharged, and even though i doubt it. Hell with a 1.8 60' you should beable to run around 13.6 stock.
+1... Dumping the clutch that high on street tires will just make you sit there and spin for days...
Old 03-13-2006, 12:37 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ZW, i'm not sure whether to call you out or not.... but you have some explaining to do. If you think you can do that... i dont think you've ever been to the track.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:39 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

I have posted the slip before. It was last July. I have it at home, but i am away in college. Ill get it for you sometime.

The track was really sticky. It was FUN. Pushed me back in my seat HARD. Its in a thread on prolly page 3420 in the S/S section. I was running a 00 SS 5speed, 3.42 gears, SLP exhuast, ect. (nothing major). I beat him by less than .1 seconds. Needless to say he was VERY suprised.

PS. This was in the 1/8 mile, and yes i know he would have passed me about 3 ft past the 1/8 mile mark, but who cares? I beat an LS1 with my 250rwhp!!!!! Thats one of my greatest accomplishment. lol
Old 03-13-2006, 12:44 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ZW, i'm not sure whether to call you out or not.... but you have some explaining to do. If you think you can do that... i dont think you've ever been to the track.
Wait a minute F@#$%^S. I dont think YOU have been to MY track before. Yes the stock Gt's suck *** at my track, Kinda like your 14.41@97, but my FRPP C-spings gave me unbelieveable amounts of weight transfer. The track was VERY sticky. I bogged DUMPING the clutch at 3500RPMS. I have it on VHS video.

You know, some track are actually Prepped, instead of just opening the gates and letting people slip and slide around all night long. you can call me out if u want, but you run a 8.8 in the 1/8 with my mods or less and then you can call BS on me all u want.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:17 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Wait a minute F@#$%^S. I dont think YOU have been to MY track before. Yes the stock Gt's suck *** at my track, Kinda like your 14.41@97, but my FRPP C-spings gave me unbelieveable amounts of weight transfer. The track was VERY sticky. I bogged DUMPING the clutch at 3500RPMS. I have it on VHS video.

You know, some track are actually Prepped, instead of just opening the gates and letting people slip and slide around all night long. you can call me out if u want, but you run a 8.8 in the 1/8 with my mods or less and then you can call BS on me all u want.

Well... you just contradicted yourself so i'm not sure what you're saying. You say they suck... yet go on to say how your track is the best prepped track in the world. Also, how do you know my track is has ****y prep? It doesnt..... it actually doesnt get any prep lol; Hell most GT's run upper 14's at my track, but i've been to a few tracks not ran at all of them... and I know that a pretty much stock GT will not cut 1.8's on street tires.

I found your slip. "and hit a personal best 1.97960ft" Thats believable with stock suspension and a very well prepped track. However thats a long way from 1.8

Like I said, if you have a suspension mods since then.. it may be possible; all i said was you have some explaining to do.... in this thread you just act like you can cut 1.8's on street tires without suspension mods.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:23 AM
mself52
3rd Gear Member

so back to the thread.... your rear end will be fine even without upgrading the axles till you get ALOT more HP then you have now
Old 03-13-2006, 02:00 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

Well... you just contradicted yourself so i'm not sure what you're saying. You say they suck... yet go on to say how your track is the best prepped track in the world. Also, how do you know my track is has ****y prep? It doesnt..... it actually doesnt get any prep lol; Hell most GT's run upper 14's at my track, but i've been to a few tracks not ran at all of them... and I know that a pretty much stock GT will not cut 1.8's on street tires.

I found your slip. "and hit a personal best 1.97960ft" Thats believable with stock suspension and a very well prepped track. However thats a long way from 1.8

Like I said, if you have a suspension mods since then.. it may be possible; all i said was you have some explaining to do.... in this thread you just act like you can cut 1.8's on street tires without suspension mods.
The thing that I dont think people get is that how bad Stock springs are. As I said, I had FRPP C-springs which gave AWESOME weight transfer. Thats why i was referring to "stock GTs". The slip you found was of my best ET. My bad. I didnt post the one with my best 60ft. I will do that The week after next when I get home. I was running Falken Ziex 275's with 15psi. And I DID hit 1.8's with street tires, 3.73's, and Springs. You can believe me or not.

And I apologize if I came across as a Noob that just picked a number out of nowhere. I have quite a bit of track experience, and I know what I'm talking about. If agree that a bone stock Gt cant hit that, but springs, gear, a decent tire, better than average driver(from practice) and a great track It is possible, and it happened.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:04 AM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

Yeah... the way you posted it, it just seemed like you just can step up there and cut 1.8's wiht street tires... I can see it with what you have, but for the purpose of the original poster it didnt seem all that relevant if you had all that done.

I think I will put those springs in this summer; When i installed my long tubes over christmas, i had to remove the kmember and my front left spring was broken off... about 180 degrees of the very top that sits in the perch... looked broken for a long time. I put it back in the way it was but I'm going to replace them.

Quick Reply: Nitto Drag Radials???