4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Which should I get first?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default Which should I get first?

My Mustang is pretty much paid off and I have decided to hold onto it for awhile. I am coming across some money because I am selling my house. My ultimate plans for the engine is to forge the internals, with a Stage 2 blower Cam, and put a KB on top of it with a 9lb pulley. My question is, right now I only have about 5g to spend, so should I be safe and get the forged internals with the Cam? Will it run strong with a stage 2 blower cam, without a S/C? I have done a fair share of research and I want my internals from VT.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:08 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which should I get first?

Nobody here as any experience with stage 2 blower cams? What about a good person to talk to at VT?
Old 03-14-2006, 02:18 PM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

code is a good guy to talk ot about stage 2 VT cams, he has them.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:22 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03redGT

code is a good guy to talk ot about stage 2 VT cams, he has them.
Mitch has custom ground n/a cams that are more than stage 2's...
Old 03-14-2006, 02:29 PM
xx9gt6xx
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackbetty01

My question is, right now I only have about 5g to spend, so should I be safe and get the forged internals with the Cam?
Yes...
Old 03-14-2006, 02:33 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Mitch says they call his custom 2 3/4 cams, so thats more than I want or need.
I just got off the phone with the shop that I will be using for this work and they recommended I get the forged internals and cams first, they also recommended I stroke the motor while I'm doing all of this. I have been doing alot of research, and that is something that I haven't looked into, or even thought about for some reason. He mentioned atleast that way I will notice a difference. I guess now I should atleast consider that option and start looking into how that works. Who said getting the money was the hardest part!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 PM
06mustang88
3rd Gear Member

I just got off the phone with the shop that I will be using for this work and they recommended I get the forged internals and cams first, they also recommended I stroke the motor while I'm doing all of this. I have been doing alot of research, and that is something that I haven't looked into, or even thought about for some reason. He mentioned atleast that way I will notice a difference. I guess now I should atleast consider that option and start looking into how that works. Who said getting the money was the hardest part!

lol well for most people.....or at least me, that is the hardest part
Old 03-14-2006, 03:28 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

Build your engine up then crank up the boost later down the road.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:56 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

Well does anyone know the best stroker kits to go with? I was so heart set on VT, but I dont see a kit from them. Sean Hyland offers a kit, but everything of theirs always seems so overpriced.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:58 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Get the motor built and do the S/C when you can. I am not a big fan of the stroker, but call VT and talk with them. Ask for Scott or Jim and tell them Mitch sent ya. Even if you aren't ready to purchase, let them know your plan and they will steer you in the right direction.