4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

600WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: 600WHP!

ORIGINAL: 96cobra10101

I spent 12k, I am at 400rwhp. about 3.5k more and and I will have 500-550. It isn't cheap. Most people you run into have around 300-330 hp and they have spent 3 or 4K on there cars. You have to figure that every componet needs to be upgraded that is transfering that power to the wheels or its gonna break. So a Sc for 3000, great, but it takes about 2-3K more so the car will run right, and not break. My car, at the time was considered a great car that was built well and was strong. Now, it isn't all that, comparing it with what you can buy. GTO's, Z06, 03-04 Cobra, saleen, even the Sti or Evo MR. My car brand new was about 27k. You can't touch any of those, brand new, for less than 35-40. The money I ahve dumped in mine I will never see. But I plan on keeping the car for a very long time. It only gets out for short trips or weekend drives, and eventually maybe to the track and/or a car show. If I wanted a 1000 hp car, I could have one in a matter of weeks, but what is the fun in that. I'll keep my very driveable car that I can still throw my kids in and take a nice drive to the beach.
I paid $28,000 for a Brand New '05 GTO. If you ask me, thats butt *** cheap. I own, and have owned cars that cost WAY more than that. And aren't half as much fun!
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03greyGT

I dont think a post like this is totally out of the question..for example, a friend of mine had a 01 V6, and needed help on how to change oil. He knew nothing about cars. Well his aunt left him her house in a will, and he sold it, bought an 01 GT, had a DSS long block built, has a F1 Procharger, with a built TKO 500, and a 100 shot. He has about 600 RWHP before the nitrous...he learned about mustangs in and out and is now going to be running high 10s this year. So I dont think that asking a question like wnating 650 hp is unrealistic....just my .02

By the way he has about 15K in the motor, trans, and supercharger setup...
That's exactly my point tho. He HAD the money, and he didn't get on any web site and ask silly questions. More then likely, he went to the nearest speed shop, asked questions there about cost and such and got a gameplan. Now, this is a mustang enthusiast web, sure. And we are all here to answer each other's questions, help each other along with projects, give realistic opinions and goals, and just plain associate with other people who share our passion, for not only the Mustang itself, but its legacy. What I don't understand, and it kinda gets under my skin, country_gent, is that people get on here, are a member 30 seconds and fling up this question of how do I get to 600 rwhp? Where did they grab this 600 number at? Were they watching tv, and suddenly decide 600 was what they wanted? Have they ever even been around a car with more then 300rwhp, much less 600? Have they done the research is what I am getting at. Have they browsed these forums looking at numbers of other peoples cars? No...they haven't....and we get one of these threads almost every day. It's really starting to get old. All it would take would be some looking around, learn about what you are aiming for before you ask a question that is going to be deemed silly to the guys who have been around a while.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

I totally understand where you are coming from...while it is very possibe to get those kind of numbers as far as money goes...it may not be the most practical thing to as right now, especially if your not sure what it takes to do so, I feel that if you need to ask if a stock motor will handle 600+ HP, then you should do a little more research...
Old 03-15-2006, 07:59 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

if you wanna spend that much money (15k), why not just buy a better car that will have more resale value?
Old 03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

dont ask me, I didnt do it...but I guess if you have a car, you kinda get attched to it, I plan on putting that much money into mine as soon as I get out of school...im sure a lot of people could back me up on that....
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

If you have to ask what it takes to get 500 rwhp, 600 rwhp, or whatever crazy *** number sounds good in your head, you don't have what it takes to make 500 or 600 rwhp. when you do, you'll know.
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Dave2000GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

Lol another one of these posts. Unless you have about 15 grand to throw into your car, then you won't get 600 hp.
Yepp.. another one...

Posting about all this crazy stuff you want.. and especially putting it in your sig "coming soon" etc is in my opinion totally RICE.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 AM
country_gent

Well, this will prolly be my last post in this thread, but I just want everyone to see where I, a newb myself, is coming from... First off, IWinULose... what makes the number 600 so magical, whats the difference in asking about 600 compared to 500 or to 400... if you want to know whats needed to make a certain hp number then you ask... And BCisme, not all of us were born with the magical gift of just knowing what will make big hp #'s in a car, no one will ever learn anything without asking... and 03greygt, there are a few people who have stock blocks making that number... I remembered a guy on one of my local forums and he may be on this site as well who has made Lots of power with stock rods,crank,pistons and bearings...

http://forums.modulardepot.com/flyshow.php?&showid=437

Thats his car and his mod list... People, in all honesty.. I didnt start to write in this thread to cause a pi$$ing match with anyone.. All I know is that if I had asked that question and gotten the responses that he did I would have been slightly pissed and said that this was like every other car forum, full of know it alls wont share anything ... Instead of bashing the poor guy, what would have been easier was to say hey man, try a search on this topic or better yet, did a search yourself and posted the link for him.. I enjoy this site a great deal and the people here are very smart when it comes to these autos.. Just my 2 cent peoples.. Didnt mean to tick anyone off by my posts to this thread.....

Rich
Old 03-16-2006, 04:09 AM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

Im not saying that its impossible to make this number on a stock block, but to do it right, and to last long....you should really build up your motor, if stock motors could handle mad HP, then there would be no reason for companies such as SHM, VT engines, DSS engine, Livernois Motorsports, etc. to even exist. But I agree with you, I didnt post to start $hit, just to give my opinion...
Old 03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: country_gent

Well, this will prolly be my last post in this thread, but I just want everyone to see where I, a newb myself, is coming from... First off, IWinULose... what makes the number 600 so magical, whats the difference in asking about 600 compared to 500 or to 400... if you want to know whats needed to make a certain hp number then you ask... And BCisme, not all of us were born with the magical gift of just knowing what will make big hp #'s in a car, no one will ever learn anything without asking... and 03greygt, there are a few people who have stock blocks making that number... I remembered a guy on one of my local forums and he may be on this site as well who has made Lots of power with stock rods,crank,pistons and bearings...

http://forums.modulardepot.com/flyshow.php?&showid=437

Thats his car and his mod list... People, in all honesty.. I didnt start to write in this thread to cause a pi$$ing match with anyone.. All I know is that if I had asked that question and gotten the responses that he did I would have been slightly pissed and said that this was like every other car forum, full of know it alls wont share anything ... Instead of bashing the poor guy, what would have been easier was to say hey man, try a search on this topic or better yet, did a search yourself and posted the link for him.. I enjoy this site a great deal and the people here are very smart when it comes to these autos.. Just my 2 cent peoples.. Didnt mean to tick anyone off by my posts to this thread.....

Rich

no pissing match or tick offs, it's just that people see 600 rwhp cars, get the number in their head, and think that because it runs on pump gas it's as easy as 1-2-3. they want to do it as cheaply and as quickly as possible. this really isn't a practical idea unless you have the time and resources at your disposal to do all the work, and the knowledge to round up the right parts cheap, and piece it together. if you are asking how to do this, you are light years from doing it because you need a very broad general knowledge of cars and how they work. how are you going to effectively piece together a motor or blower if you haven't the slightest idea of what a system is composed of, how they work together, how variables affect them, pricing on parts etc...... it's not something someone can just explain to you in one shot. it's studying these things, picking through ebay and for sale ads and manufacturer listings seeing what these parts go for, how they have responded to other mods, what supporting mods they require, etc.....350-400 rwhp is easier, as with bolt ons, 8-10 psi and a tune this is done on the regular, and well care for can last for years. anybody with 10 grand to spend ona blower kit and supporting exhaust, clutch and tuning mods can achieve in reasonable time frames with full driveablity.

i can go on and on about this, but i think you get the point.

Quick Reply: 600WHP!