4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

little update on my blower install

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

Default little update on my blower install

no pictures yet cause im too lazy to buy batteries, but ill take a few after the install. ive only been able to work on it an hour or so each day since monday so im not anywhere near finished. the instructions that came with it are 100% useless. like the oil feed line instructions are two pictures, both different, and no explaination about either or how they got there except something about one of the brass fittings. so basically ive just had to figure out little stuff like that by myself. first day i punched the oil pan and tapped it out for the oil drain, next day i retapped it because the instructions were bull**** and it was the wrong size which i saw comming. next day i removed the radiator (im replacing it anyway) strut towerbrace, wire packs, belt , etc. next day i cleaned up and started fitting the blower bracket seeing how i would screw it in there. today i painstakingly went through trial and error to figure out how to setup the belt, then bolted the blower and bracket to the block. so now i just have to put the tensioner in and that part will be done. this weekend im going to finish up all that stuff, and then start on the injectors/fuel pump and gauges next week. hopefully next weekend ill be ready to start it up.