4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

new mustang owner here need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:00 AM
yellowjacket01
2nd Gear Member

Default new mustang owner here need some advice

its an 01 mustang gt,mods are bbk cold air intake,bassani x pipe with cats,and magnaflow catback.
im looking to get a few horses without spending too much money what do you guys suggest,i heard underdrive pulleys if so what kind do you suggest and i was thinking about headers i read on here about the bassani headers but i heard it was a pain to install them,also what do you think i should do about the cold air intake,do you think i should swap for another name brand,maybe roush or something similiar? any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: new mustang owner here need some advice

ORIGINAL: yellowjacket01

its an 01 mustang gt,mods are bbk cold air intake,bassani x pipe with cats,and magnaflow catback.
im looking to get a few horses without spending too much money what do you guys suggest,i heard underdrive pulleys if so what kind do you suggest and i was thinking about headers i read on here about the bassani headers but i heard it was a pain to install them,also what do you think i should do about the cold air intake,do you think i should swap for another name brand,maybe roush or something similiar? any input would be appreciated, thanks in advance
welcome to the Board

The cold air you can keep most all of them give the same numbers. As far as underdrive pullies go, go with Steeda pullies. Stay away from PIGGY back style pullies like the BBK's. Headers can a BIOTCH to install(look in Tech section 4.6 for monkeydude3 for his removal of 1 nut)

I personally have the JLT tru cold air and luv it. All this information can be found reading thru the different sections. I dont have pullies nor have i done headers but ive read LOTS of posts about them.

Whats your budget? Then we can get a better idea of what you can get
Old 03-19-2006, 12:40 PM
yellowjacket01
2nd Gear Member

a couple hundred a month say 600,just im trying to include labor in this as well,dont want to do anything myself. trying to make sure its all under warranty,through the installers.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Tac2cul
3rd Gear Member

You should check out the 4.6 tech section for your answers