4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Differance between getting only mufflers rather then the the whole exhaust system ?

Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Differance between getting only mufflers rather then the the whole exhaust system ?

ORIGINAL: irongoat56

Tthanks for the info , i guess i will go with only the flowmaster mufflers , but just how much sound improvement will that give ? is it going to be real noticable? I really do not want interior noise increase , just a louder (over stock, im not looking for THE LOUDEST)and a deeper exterior rumble , thanks

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo! Don't do that. You'll be kicking yourself later on I promise. You want a loooow Deeeep rumble then get an O/R H pipe and a complete catback. Just the mufflers will change the sound, but they are built to run through 2.5" pipes not the stock 2 1/4". Get the full catback to get the full effect and best sound. A mid pip e will add a few ponies and better sound. The O/R H will make it loud and deep. I'd say forget Flowmaster all together simply because of their annoying drone and tendency to rust out over time. Simply put there ar ebetter sounding/quality catback system sout there. Search for some soundclips and I assure you you will find somethign you like better
Old 03-20-2006, 05:46 PM
irongoat56
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Differance between getting only mufflers rather then the the whole exhaust system ?

Eman , you got a point , now that i look at it, i will consider the catback set up with exhaust and maybe even some headers. reguarless i will do alot of reasearch so i dont regret anything in the end . thanks for the info.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

SLP LM1.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:07 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 70 MACH I

Lets put it this way, nicer outside, no noise inside. Quieter than a stock Bulitt GT. I believe anything you put on the car with a stock GT cat pipe will be quiet inside.
John

NOOOOOOOWAY!!

i have a MAC catback with a stock midpipe, and it is loud as ***** inside, i love it, i have to turn my music up all the way to get rid of the interior noise. and it sounds like sex outside, and WOT is amazing.

flows suck, dont get them. they sound crappy at WOT. i would go with LM II's or MAC if you want a deeper catback, but a better sound and quality.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Get a full cat-back, you wont regret it.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:14 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

i have a whole cat back and o/r h and its not nearly loud enogh for me
Old 03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

i have a whole cat back and o/r h and its not nearly loud enogh for me
Old 03-30-2006, 04:18 AM
irongoat56
1st Gear Member

a friend offered me to sell me a magnaflow cat back exhaust system for $250 , is that a good deal ?..........also any opinions on what sounds better , flowmaster or magnaflow
Old 03-30-2006, 05:44 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

i think that if you want a mustang sound get a muffler. every muffler pretty much does the same thing but it is up to you what king of pitch you want. i have the magnaflow magnapacks, very good sound and VERY aggressive, but kind of a hassle because it is completely bold on, my recomendation if you get it is to weld it. the other i like is the slp. the flowmasters sound a little too empty, but they are the cheapest upgrade on a muffler other than a glasspack. another that is very good is the borla.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:54 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

I personally would just get the whole catback...which I did. I love the Flowmaster sound, I don't think anything sounds better then chambered mufflers. I hate high pitched and raspy exhausts which is what 99% of the strait through designs sound like...asside from maybe a normal magnaflow exhaust with catless x. If you like it deep, flowmaster is in my opinion the way to go. Mac chambered mufflers sound good too though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Differance between getting only mufflers rather then the the whole exhaust system ?