4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What would you guys say?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 03:41 AM
freefallin98
3rd Gear Member

Default What would you guys say?

ok, so although im not going to do this right away, i stil want some good input into what you guys think i should do. there are a few options here: 1.) keep my 98 gt and keep doing bolt-ons (gears, tb/plenum,pullies, wheels, etc.) 2.) sell my car and get a 94-95 5.0 gt and do full bolt ons and like cams and possibly a s/c (b/c isnt it much cheaper to mod a 5.0?) 3.) sell my car and get a 99+ gt basic bolt ons (exhaust, intake, wheels tires, springs, tb/plenum you know what im talkin about.)

SO...the only thing thats really holding me back from selling my car is how pristine it is. my mods arnt bad, but i really want to keep up with my bro..freeunit...you all know him im sure. its a constant competition with us. i just recently did a cobra front end conversion and it is near perfect, the whole car is in great near perfect condition and i know that it i sell it, i prob wont be able o get a 99+ and mod it for 8 grand or whatever i can get out of my car. so please leave any sugestions and your advice.

thanks,
Sean
Old 03-23-2006, 04:18 AM
04mineralgreyGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What would you guys say?

Keep what u have and just keep adding to it. ur right, you wont find a 99+ and be able to mod it for 8 grand. plus that bodystyle with cobra clothes on is schweet.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:55 AM
06mustang88
3rd Gear Member

keep yours and look into doing the PI swap. that will really open up your car
Old 03-23-2006, 11:04 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

In all honesty instead of doing a PI swap just do a 4v swap and spend the little extra cash. I was gonna do the pi swap and the money i spent combined with the pain in the *** to do it, I decided i would rather just pull out my motor and drop a new one in end of story, u can get a 4v cobra block complete with radiator, harness, and computer for around 3,200
Old 03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
freeunit
2nd Gear Member

well if i was to spend over 3 graand, i would more than likely just do a vortech or something. cuz gears and all the other bolt ons will help me and more than likely get me in the high 13's and for right now thats what im going for thanks guys keep it coming!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

keep it
Old 03-23-2006, 05:38 PM
GTkyle
1st Gear Member

Keep it, put on a good pressure S/C, you've already invested a lot into it, why have to do all those again?
Old 03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

PI swap, then get blown!

The other guys are right, your car probably looks super sexy with that cobra front end conversion and if all you want is more speed theres no need to sell the car to obtain it. PI swap...then get blown! Unless you just like the new edge style so much more...like I do. But this is all about you, if you love your car, just make it faster!
Old 03-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: freefallin98

ok, so although im not going to do this right away, i stil want some good input into what you guys think i should do. there are a few options here: 1.) keep my 98 gt and keep doing bolt-ons (gears, tb/plenum,pullies, wheels, etc.) 2.) sell my car and get a 94-95 5.0 gt and do full bolt ons and like cams and possibly a s/c (b/c isnt it much cheaper to mod a 5.0?) 3.) sell my car and get a 99+ gt basic bolt ons (exhaust, intake, wheels tires, springs, tb/plenum you know what im talkin about.)

SO...the only thing thats really holding me back from selling my car is how pristine it is. my mods arnt bad, but i really want to keep up with my bro..freeunit...you all know him im sure. its a constant competition with us. i just recently did a cobra front end conversion and it is near perfect, the whole car is in great near perfect condition and i know that it i sell it, i prob wont be able o get a 99+ and mod it for 8 grand or whatever i can get out of my car. so please leave any sugestions and your advice.

thanks,
Sean
Option 3. Newer car, more power to start with (make more than a PI swap alone will make you on your existing 98) The money towards your mod on your 98GT will barely make it faster than a 99+ GT. 35HP and 15 tq doesn't sound like much but it will take more than just a PI swap to make that up on your 98GT.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:04 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

PI swap and supercharge it.

Quick Reply: What would you guys say?