4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How many cats is my car supposed to have?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:30 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: How many cats is my car supposed to have?

you get a little fu**ing note in the mail that has your vehicle info and stuff on it. If you blow it off you get another that is pink that says "final notice" and the state can legally suspend your liscense over it. It's all bull sh** if you ask me, because how many fu**ing semi trucks have I observed on the road that are blaring horrible emissions and they are gonna **** and moan over a few sports cars?

George
Old 03-27-2006, 02:41 AM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

you get a little fu**ing note in the mail that has your vehicle info and stuff on it. If you blow it off you get another that is pink that says "final notice" and the state can legally suspend your liscense over it. It's all bull sh** if you ask me, because how many fu**ing semi trucks have I observed on the road that are blaring horrible emissions and they are gonna **** and moan over a few sports cars?
lol thats true...
i guess its alright to pollute in the rest of the states where it's already clean huh?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:59 AM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Must suck to have emission testing, hahahhahahah. I love the motor city.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:10 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

hahaha hell yea, GO MICHIGAN!!!! we got so many trees it soaks up the smog, thats serious.....cali doesnt even have a tree, maybe on a billboard ....LMAO......
Old 03-27-2006, 10:19 PM
GTkyle
1st Gear Member

Well i could have gotten away with no cats at my emissions test because my can has dummy sensors that still allow the computer to tune the engine but it does not generate a code(they do plug-in tests), but they have a little mirror they slide under your car to see if you have cats or not. I guess i could have gone to the junkyard and bought and hollowed out some cats, cut them on one side, and put them over the pipes, but i needed the backpressure anyway, with my high-flow cats it runs much better than it did.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:59 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

lol... my buddies live out in the boonies, no emissions. everyone there who has a custom car has no cats.

One auto instructor I had used to have a fox body stang with no cats, he had it registered to his grandma who lived way out where there was no emissions test so he was free to play with it.

w/e i don't have money/time enough to do heavy modding so emissions testing is O.K.

George
Old 03-29-2006, 12:58 AM
GTowner4life
3rd Gear Member

is CA emision testing ever 4 years or 2 years on a 2004? I just got it smoged because of change of title.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:12 AM
St4ng07
4th Gear Member

They dont have emissions test where I live...I love straight pipes...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:43 AM
stangc83
3rd Gear Member

i am in nc and they just startet the sniff test this year. so now everyone who has suped up their mustang with no cats have to get a new h or x pipe with cats. I am lucky that i am really good friends with a dealership that sells a lot of mustangs so i can switch out legal or stock h pipes whenever i want
Old 03-29-2006, 01:50 AM
SVTCobra_98
2nd Gear Member

thats weird. I live in northern VA and they just stopped the sniffer testing and have switched to the "plug and play." They plug a programmer into your ECU and see if there are any codes or problems. If so, passed. So all I had to do is buy MIL eliminators.

Quick Reply: How many cats is my car supposed to have?