4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 460 Guru's Inside please!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 11:31 PM
itlnrob
2nd Gear Member

Default Mach 460 Guru's Inside please!!!!

Hey guys, I tried the Audio Section and got no help. I Got my 01 GT but It doesn't have the Mach 460 system.

I was wondering if I bought the system on ebay, if it would be an easy install.

I Know GM runs the wires/harnesses for the upgraded stereo's and just doesn't use them if
they don't get the upgrade. I was wondering if Ford was the same way.

Please let me know if it is easy, or if I should just replace the door and back speakers.

Thanks in advance!

Please dont' say go aftermarket, cause I just need the Mach 460 to accomidate my needs
Old 04-03-2006, 11:34 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mach 460 Guru's Inside please!!!!

I'd sell you MY Mach 460 system if I'd get enough money to build a REAL aftermarket system.

The Mach isn't the worst factory audio system out there,, but just not as good as aftermarket (for the same money spent)
Old 04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
itlnrob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

I'd sell you MY Mach 460 system if I'd get enough money to build a REAL aftermarket system.

The Mach isn't the worst factory audio system out there,, but just not as good as aftermarket (for the same money spent)

Well I can see your point, but like I said I dont' want aftermarket, and I need to know if the wires are already ran.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

does your car have the two amps under the rear deck? if not, i doubt you have the harnesses but it wont hurt to check. It would be a whole lot easier to get cheap (price) aftermarket deck and wiring harness, the mach system was a wiring hell for me so i bypassed the whole system by re-wiring the car
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

ok heres the scope. the mach 460 is good for a stock system or as a replacement or an upgrade on a V6. the wires would just plug in on any car 96-04, everything would be as if were stock. the sub that is in the 460 is horrible for a sub.i know u dont want aftermarket, but it would be so much better. i would say, get some good speakers, and a small sub, or cut the rear were the factory 6x8's are and put in 6x9's for better bass. but what i did was got all infinity kappa speakers and tweaters, MTX amps and a small box with 2 5510 mtx 10' subs. sounds amazing, weight is about the same as the 460, but sound quality is 100 times better. the wires can be hidden very easy, so u wont see them. and u can get stealth boxs so u cant even see the subs if u dont want them. and when people get inside ur car there like WOW. just my opinion, cause i sold my 460 system on ebay.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:27 AM
itlnrob
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: travisl1213

ok heres the scope. the mach 460 is good for a stock system or as a replacement or an upgrade on a V6. the wires would just plug in on any car 96-04, everything would be as if were stock. the sub that is in the 460 is horrible for a sub.i know u dont want aftermarket, but it would be so much better. i would say, get some good speakers, and a small sub, or cut the rear were the factory 6x8's are and put in 6x9's for better bass. but what i did was got all infinity kappa speakers and tweaters, MTX amps and a small box with 2 5510 mtx 10' subs. sounds amazing, weight is about the same as the 460, but sound quality is 100 times better. the wires can be hidden very easy, so u wont see them. and u can get stealth boxs so u cant even see the subs if u dont want them. and when people get inside ur car there like WOW. just my opinion, cause i sold my 460 system on ebay.

Ok, you have awesome info. So you assume that I should have all the wires and everything?

The only thing I'm curious about is the Cd player. I have the CD/tape player, and the one I'm going to be getting has the Ford 6disc in dash CD player.......

Will those match up, or is there a harness I can buy to make it work if it doesn't?
Old 04-04-2006, 12:52 AM
redstanger
3rd Gear Member

i just splist into my back data cable and using a converter and put subs in.

http://mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/despeeds1.htm
Old 04-04-2006, 12:55 AM
itlnrob
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone know if the wires would be in one of the side panels?

I checked the bottem of the speakers in the trunk, and also removed the top of the speaker cover by the back window, and I didn't see any unused harnesses.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:47 AM
That Guy
2nd Gear Member

You don't have the wirring harness. Also, the 460 doesn't come with a sub. If you want to add one in it wont sound as good as deck that has sub outs. You're gonna have to give us a real good reason to why you want to put the 460 IN your car. Most of us have spent a lot of money getting it out. Spend about about $500 to get a good four speaker system at your local Best Buy. Get some componets up front and an Alpine or Pioneer deck. It will sound much better.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:53 AM
travisl1213
4th Gear Member

go to ccity not best buy and the rear shelf does have a small sub in it, cause u can remove it by unscrewing the top layer. the CD player will work aswell, when you install it u will need the harness for that unless its a factoty radio, if not a harness for a cd player is cheap maybe 20 bucks, but i really dont recomend the 460 unless ur going for a cheap upgrade. a buddy of mine sold his with rear shelf, and all speakers, amps and radio for 60 bucks on ebay, so if thats what u really want then go for it. but for 60 bucks u cant beat it.

Quick Reply: Mach 460 Guru's Inside please!!!!