4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Bolt-ons and spray or Supercharger??

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:27 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

Default Bolt-ons and spray or Supercharger??

Alright guys, I am really having trouble making up my mind. I'm leaning towards full bolt-ons, cams, gears, and some headwork with a 100 shot of nitrous. With a little suspension work I think I could hit high high 11's. But I have trouble deciding if I would like that, or if I would like a supercharger. What do you guys think? Supercharger, or full bolt-ons and spary??
Old 04-05-2006, 01:31 PM
06mustang88
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Bolt-ons and spray or Supercharger??

if you only go fast at the track, either or will be nice. if you like to have fun on the streets, i'd say go with the s/c. a lot of people on this forum love juice...but i'm gonna have to go with the s/c. with a s/c you will always have that nice high hp. with juice you will only have that hp when you spray AND you have to fill up your bottle.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I hear you man, its just superchargers are just too darn expensive, and I just can't look past the price of nitrous and the benefits it gives. Anyone else?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

BOTH!!! I would go with the supercharger. The reason being is yes it cost more but you arent doing damage (or as much) as you would with the spray. You could go out there and the first hit on the gas could blow the intake off it. You really have to know what you are doing when messin with the juice. I prefer the supercharger because there is no running out. you have it all the time. You dont have to stop and get your charger filled up after so long you know. In the end the charger is the way to go. You can get a procharger and with a few bolt ons.....ie. headers, exhaust, 3:73's and be running 11's. Plus its sounds cooler with that whistle than anything!!!!
Old 04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nick_thames

BOTH!!! I would go with the supercharger. The reason being is yes it cost more but you arent doing damage (or as much) as you would with the spray. You could go out there and the first hit on the gas could blow the intake off it. You really have to know what you are doing when messin with the juice. I prefer the supercharger because there is no running out. you have it all the time. You dont have to stop and get your charger filled up after so long you know. In the end the charger is the way to go. You can get a procharger and with a few bolt ons.....ie. headers, exhaust, 3:73's and be running 11's. Plus its sounds cooler with that whistle than anything!!!!
Properly set up nitrous systems will be just as safe as a supercharger... Both can mess up the car if not set up correctly.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Spray that BITCH
Old 04-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

I would say to go bolt ons and spray. You will have a god amount of hp w/ the bolt ons(esp. the cams and heads). Then you will have an extra kick from the spray. After that you could still always supercharge the car. I would do the spray and bolt-ons first.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
06mustang88
3rd Gear Member

lol i knew code would say that as soon as he saw this thread.

actually a s/c is cheaper in the long run. to get the hp out of a n/a car that you would in a s/c car, it cost a loooot more money. ask code how much he has invested in his beast. yeah it's really nice and really fast, but he's got some big time bucks spent in that thing
Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
nick_thames
3rd Gear Member

He only wants a 100HP shot. Dont you guys think with the S/C he will get more than 100HP. With cams and everything he should get at least 150 out of that bad boy. I say on a daily driver get the S/C. I say on a track car get the juice. At least on a track car when you blow that sucker up or fry those pistons you still have sum that you can roll in. Go large and spend the 3500 on a procharger
Old 04-05-2006, 02:02 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

Here's something to look at:

Supercharger = Power all the time = Constant wear and abuse ALL THE TIME

Nitrous = Power sometimes, when you need it = Not as much abuse = Almost as cost effective, even after bottle fills.. Just don't be a glutton..

After a lot of consideration, I've decided to go w/ Nitrous myself.. You'd basically build the engine and drivetrain the same as a supercharger, the biggest difference is that you can choose when to trash on your car....

JT

Quick Reply: Bolt-ons and spray or Supercharger??