4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Installed LM2's... FINALLY ... QUESTION!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 12:05 PM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Installed LM2's... FINALLY ... QUESTION!?!

headers clean up that pop. Mine poped like crazy before I installed mine. I liked the pop so I kind of miss it though. Also that pop is not as pronounced to everyone you drive by. It just sounds worst when you are actully driving.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:01 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

After tonight I hate slp. I heard an 04 with o/r h pipe and lm1's. It had to be the worst sounding mustang ever. Kind of a pointless post, but I'm just warning those who think about doing this setup. Had to be the raspiest sounding car ever.
Exactly why you shouldn't get an o/r H. H pipes are inferior to X pipes. Most people I have talked to that have had BOTH o/r X and H pipes say that between those 2 they like the X MUCH more because the H sounds horrific.

As Ive been saying, I will get a video up of my LM1's + o/r X ASAP, depending on what you consider rasp, I think my car has very very little, and definitely no popping here.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:16 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

After tonight I hate slp. I heard an 04 with o/r h pipe and lm1's. It had to be the worst sounding mustang ever. Kind of a pointless post, but I'm just warning those who think about doing this setup. Had to be the raspiest sounding car ever.
Exactly why you shouldn't get an o/r H. H pipes are inferior to X pipes. Most people I have talked to that have had BOTH o/r X and H pipes say that between those 2 they like the X MUCH more because the H sounds horrific.

As Ive been saying, I will get a video up of my LM1's + o/r X ASAP, depending on what you consider rasp, I think my car has very very little, and definitely no popping here.

What!! X's have all the rasp... my friend had an o/r x with flowmasters and it was loud and sounded like ****. Raspy wasnt the word.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:26 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

Catted Xs are fine....its O/R ones that sound like ****. I think O/R Hs and Xs sound like **** with most catbacks.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:28 PM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

ah got a sound clip?????
Old 04-09-2006, 04:37 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

What!! X's have all the rasp... my friend had an o/r x with flowmasters and it was loud and sounded like ****. Raspy wasnt the word.
All I am saying is I have talked to 2-3 owners who have had BOTH Offroad X's and H's, and they say the H sounds much much worse than the X. Closer9, a member on here, was one that I read who made a post on how his o/r X sounded much better than his o/r H. He said the H produced much more rasp and pop than his X.

And when I say rasp, I dont know what you guys consider rasp, but I am talking about that constant vibratiate and high pitched rattling sound that sounds like 100 marbles are in your mufflers.

And I can tell you, I have the o/r X, and although mine does "flap" a little and RIP thru the gears... I don't consider that rasp at all. I consider it just a LOUD hard sound, like a motorcycle almost.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:40 PM
SOHCtimes2
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tripsevn7

ah got a sound clip?????
If you were asking me, no I don't yet...but when my dad gets home Ill ask if I can borrow his camera to make some clips. Not sure how well his audio is on the camera though.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:52 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

iono about you gues but i am in love with my exhaust set up. i like the popping that my exhaust has during deceleration. and thats the only time it pops is during deceluration. i went straight to lt's soo i never really heard my lm2's and o/r pipe with stock headers becuase i put my full exhaust on at once. i have a friend (97stanger) who has slp lt's, slp x, and lm1's and its loud. but after a while you get used to it. compared to my h and his x the x is much more raspier.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:33 PM
czwalga00gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: meebix

All I am saying is I have talked to 2-3 owners who have had BOTH Offroad X's and H's, and they say the H sounds much much worse than the X. Closer9, a member on here, was one that I read who made a post on how his o/r X sounded much better than his o/r H. He said the H produced much more rasp and pop than his X.

And when I say rasp, I dont know what you guys consider rasp, but I am talking about that constant vibratiate and high pitched rattling sound that sounds like 100 marbles are in your mufflers.

And I can tell you, I have the o/r X, and although mine does "flap" a little and RIP thru the gears... I don't consider that rasp at all. I consider it just a LOUD hard sound, like a motorcycle almost.

Where do you live? You need to hear mine.
Old 04-09-2006, 05:44 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Where do you live? You need to hear mine.
Heh, I would love too. North Jersey here

But then again man, you have a catted midpipe, that picks up the slack. I am stictly talking o/r's here, between H and X.

Quick Reply: Installed LM2's... FINALLY ... QUESTION!?!