4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mach 1 -vs- Cobra

Old 04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
J_ho67

Default RE: Mach 1 -vs- Cobra

Well the reason I ask is that I'm loking around for a new car (just for the heck of it), not really sure I'm gonna spend the money but that a whole different conversation. Anyway, there are auctions aroound my area and in the surrounding major cities that big dealerships buy their cars from. These aren't crap auctions, the majority are straight from the factory or other dealers, warranty and all. The thing is I see mach 1's go through and the average price (my friend that works their got me the numbers) that a mach sell for is 14,100. Well 01 cobra's never go through so I'd have to find one somewhere else. So what do u guys thing I should do?
Old 04-09-2006, 02:14 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

ORIGINAL: orang04gt

didnt make 02 cobras.
they did for austrailia
ya
Old 04-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nathansmith50

machwon that mach with the 03-04 cobra fascia looks AWESOME!

Thanks man! Some people don't like it but I guess I wanted something to make the mach stand out a little more. Should look even better once I finally get that procharger 3 core intercooler glarring through that lower valance.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:10 AM
J_ho67

You see, machwon's car is one of those things that makes me go to bed and dream about having a mach. I'm really leaning towards that. It's just kind of hard to get past the name "COBRA". Anyway, machwon, beautiful car. I'll trade yah straight across for my GT. j/k. You are however tempting me to go out and buy one.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:05 AM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

haha I'm afraid I can't take you up on that trade. My last car was a 00GT and I loved it to death, but I think i'm hanging onto the mach for the long run. Thanks a lot for the comps, and I can tell you with complete certainty that if you choose to get a mach you definetly won't be dissapointed! I love the cobras as well, but they (99 & 01 at least) just don't have that unique look and retro/vintage cues like the machs do (shakers, gauges, striping, etc). For me the choice was pretty easy, but it all depends on what you're looking for. Well good luck with which ever you choose!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:01 AM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

God I want that car right now.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:35 PM
J_ho67

Machwon Date 4/10/2006 1:05:22 AM
haha I'm afraid I can't take you up on that trade. My last car was a 00GT and I loved it to death, but I think i'm hanging onto the mach for the long run. Thanks a lot for the comps, and I can tell you with complete certainty that if you choose to get a mach you definetly won't be dissapointed! I love the cobras as well, but they (99 & 01 at least) just don't have that unique look and retro/vintage cues like the machs do (shakers, gauges, striping, etc). For me the choice was pretty easy, but it all depends on what you're looking for. Well good luck with which ever you choose!
That's Kinda what I was thinking about the unique factor. Mach 1's are also a little easier to find. Thanks for all the advice guys. I think I'm gonna go for it. Wish me luck on finding one and I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. Not saying it will happen for sure, but I'm definately gonna try! Thanks again.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:41 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

Best of luck in finding one......you will not be disappointed once you do
Old 04-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Try over at www.mach1registry.com - They have a pretty good for sale section there and I'm sure you can find one for a decent price. You may have to drive a few hours for it- but look at the bright side- you can drive it back! I went from Colorado to North Carolina for my mach lol.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

Machwon = sexiest mach on mustangforums.com

[8D] I love that car to death and I haven't even seen it face to face, haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mach 1 -vs- Cobra