4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How do you afford your mods ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 05:20 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default How do you afford your mods ??

I'm not sure if this poll should be here, but I've been wondering this for a long time. HOW DO YOU GUYS AFFORD ALL THESE MODS. Everyday someone else is dropping $4k-$5k on a mod for there GT, with more mods on the way. Is everyone on here just rich or have I just not mastered the art of saving and begging/convinving the significant other (aka hiding the credit card bill). You don't have to say how much you make, but I'm just wondering if I should even be considering FI. Personally I recently got out of college and are in the 35-40k range. For those with significant others, how do you do it ? I don't have a lot of patience and so I get anxious when having to consider long-term saving. [:'(]

Not trying to get too personal, just wondering.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:24 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How do you afford your mods ??

I save half of any OT I make....it's not much, but after time has allowed me to get my rims, suspension, and exhaust (over 1,200 worth of stuff). And it helps that my friend is a ford tech, so I get cheap labor haha
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
ALSANT99
1st Gear Member

I sell myself on the corner of 26th&california chicago
Old 04-10-2006, 05:25 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

i'm a full time student working part time... not much money to go around. My car only get what it needs, but when it needs something I usually try to upgrade it in the proccess
Old 04-10-2006, 05:27 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

Cheap labor.....gonna have to look into that. The mod bug has bitten me HARD, all I have done so far is little appearance mods. I want to do some performance now, but like I said I'm so impatient and thinking about installation costs AFTER the purchase gets discouraging sometimes.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Mr Twigbert

I work long and hard here for my $$$.. I looked for a long time to find my ride at a good price.. I couldn't afford to spend $25k like some people.. Since buying it I pick cheap mods, $200-300 range.. Sure I'd love to go get a SC for $6k but that just isn't possible.. I too wish I had unlimited funds but I don't.. I have a wife, kid, house and now a car that is soaking up $$$ left and right..
Old 04-10-2006, 05:33 PM
StriktlyGT
2nd Gear Member

I'm getting married soon, another reason why mods are on hold, and it's making me sad to think of what I'll have to go through to wrestle $5000 away from the "family budget" JUST for my car.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
mlax
2nd Gear Member

I rent my wife out (cheap). Join the Army reserve they have great renlistment bonus. That and a good year at work= christmass bonus. It also helps that my wife works full time and we only have one child.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:43 PM
ALSANT99
1st Gear Member

actually I have a family and can only do alittle at a time . the warden keeps a tight grip on my car spending .Which is probably for the best . I sold my Harley to get this car and that meant no payments so I do alittle each year.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:59 PM
Butters
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ALSANT99

I sell myself on the corner of 26th&california chicago
I'll keep that info handy

Quick Reply: How do you afford your mods ??