4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

same **** different day

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:52 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

Default same **** different day

so the stang wont start now. it got me all excited yesterday when it ran. heres the deal. yesterday it ran with the gas tank dropped, and died shortly after (ran out of gas) it ran again later when i gave it more gas, and again later when i put the new tune on. today i put the tank back in and jump started it (battery keeps dying) and it backfiredwhen i cranked it, stumbled a bit like it was gonna start then never came close again. it cranks it just wont start. starter is new and plugs are changed. wires are fine. fuel pump is fine, everything is running. could it be the blower tune? it started without it no prob, but it seems like it stopped working after the tune. also the belt seemed to slip a bit. any ideas? contemplating getting it towed and having a shop dick around with it.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:55 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

Default RE: same **** different day

That might not be a bad idea having a shop do it. but since it cranked before the tune and backfired after the tune i would say thats your problem. i know how frustrating cars can be my saleen was so ****ed up from the previous owner and then when i got it running right the shop ****ed it over again and the owner skipped town on me. anyways it might be worth the money paid to a shop in place of all the frustration its been causeing you
Old 04-14-2006, 03:57 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

i might just part out the blower and everything, and get a new car. i seriously am losing interest in this project real fast. way too much work left to do.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

i might just part out the blower and everything, and get a new car. i seriously am losing interest in this project real fast. way too much work left to do.
Don't give up hope. Try it again without the tune and then take it to a shop (if it runs) to get it tuned properly. It sounds like your tune is off somewhere..