MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   For those with longtubes, I have ? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/117163-for-those-with-longtubes-i-have.html)

Dragon02GT 04-16-2006 11:26 PM

For those with longtubes, I have ?

Okay, so everyone is always saying that when getting the offroad h/x pipe you can just turn the MIL's off with a tuner. I have the Diablosport tuner, and I am wondering what exactly that will do to the computer when I turn them off. Most people get MIL eliminators and I knoe they just send a flatline signal to the computer telling it the same amount of oxygen is coming out the exhaust all the time. Does turining them off do the same thing? It doesn't negatively affect the car in any way does it. I am ordering my LT's next week, BBK's and offroad x piipe.

2000GT4.6 04-16-2006 11:30 PM

RE: For those with longtubes, I have ?

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

Okay, so everyone is always saying that when getting the offroad h/x pipe you can just turn the MIL's off with a tuner. I have the Diablosport tuner, and I am wondering what exactly that will do to the computer when I turn them off. Most people get MIL eliminators and I knoe they just send a flatline signal to the computer telling it the same amount of oxygen is coming out the exhaust all the time. Does turining them off do the same thing? It doesn't negatively affect the car in any way does it. I am ordering my LT's next week, BBK's and offroad x piipe.
The rear o2 do nothing for the tune or performace. Their only job is to show a difference between the exhaust in front and behind of the cats (to verify they are working).

The tuner just shuts off the 02s completely, makes the computer think that they are working no matter what. It won't effect anything.

Voodoo 04-17-2006 12:04 AM

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Dragon02GT

The rear o2 do nothing for the tune or performace. Their only job is to show a difference between the exhaust in front and behind of the cats (to verify they are working).

The tuner just shuts off the 02s completely, makes the computer think that they are working no matter what. It won't effect anything.

+1

Morbid Intentions 04-17-2006 12:08 AM

I just posted this askinng almost the same thing, and I taked to a tech that works for jack roushe and he says my check engine light is robbing me of HP a bunch actually...

mean98svt 04-17-2006 12:51 AM

hey man, i justed wanted to say good luck with those longtubes. It was ....... quite the experience putting mine on lol!!! good luck

code3GT 04-17-2006 12:57 AM

ORIGINAL: bharsen

I just posted this askinng almost the same thing, and I taked to a tech that works for jack roushe and he says my check engine light is robbing me of HP a bunch actually...
Your CEL will rob alot of HP if the computer goes into "limp" mode. But turning off the rear o2's will not turn the CEL on.

2000GT4.6 04-17-2006 01:22 AM

ORIGINAL: code3GT

ORIGINAL: bharsen

Your CEL will rob alot of HP if the computer goes into "limp" mode. But turning off the rear o2's will not turn the CEL on.

+1

03sonicgt 04-17-2006 01:24 AM

Get an o/r h pipe with those flows. Thats what I'm doing soon, just my opinion though.