4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Here we go....hahahaha I just orderd twin TO4E's

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

Default RE: Here we go....hahahaha I just orderd twin TO4E's

what happened to the n/a non pi project?
Old 04-18-2006, 11:35 PM
JonBeast

Mounting them at the end of your LTs? That should be interesting....

I read an article in MM&FF last night about the twin turbos mounted in place of the mufflers on an 05GT. There was some crazy piping under the car[8D]
Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

I read an article in MM&FF last night about the twin turbos mounted in place of the mufflers on an 05GT. There was some crazy piping under the car[8D]
o god ive seen cars with "hidden" turbos a million pipes all over the place doesnt seem to efficient.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:39 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: rbstang

o god ive seen cars with "hidden" turbos a million pipes all over the place doesnt seem to efficient.
It actually was...it doesn't take the pipes very long to pressurize, and it keeps the turbos cooler, and the overall engine temperature cooler.

I don't like the setup....but it works pretty well.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:41 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rbstang

It actually was...it doesn't take the pipes very long to pressurize, and it keeps the turbos cooler, and the overall engine temperature cooler.

I don't like the setup....but it works pretty well.
O ya, I've heard of that. My bro was trying to decide which setup to do. He found a website somehwere that shows some vid clips of cars with the turbo hooked up in place of the mufflers. It sounds unique and its pretty cool.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:46 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

really jon? hmm didnt know that.. well heres a pic of it. they had to use a mirror for you to see it lol
Old 04-18-2006, 11:49 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

Some of the turbos on ebay are knock offs (copys). An original garret turbo will cost you some $$$$$$$$ I got a steal for new garret units. There wont be to much piping. And for shure not like the STS sytems that are on the *** of the 05's I got a feeling they wont last long. There are very few companys that make a twin set up because a single is just as effeicent. I choose twins because I like my dual exhaust and I want the sound to go very unoticed. I want the car to look like a stocker with some sort of homemade CAI. LOL

As for my NA non pi. I realy wanted to run 12's N/A but after I priced cams and figured how long it was going to take me to install them and the hassle of changing springs. The cost is just silly. (lol I am still running factory gears) I can have twice as much gain for the same cost counting labor time and tools needed. I just want some serious power and I dont feel like waiting any longer I guess. If I hit 12's with the turbos I probly will end up maxing out the factory motor. Hopefully at some point I can still add cams and port my non pi heads.

I will add the 3.90 gears while Im doing the turbos, that job wont take me long at all and will be fairly cheap in parts.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:58 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yoteehunter

Some of the turbos on ebay are knock offs (copys). An original garret turbo will cost you some $$$$$$$$ I got a steal for new garret units. There wont be to much piping. And for shure not like the STS sytems that are on the *** of the 05's I got a feeling they wont last long. There are very few companys that make a twin set up because a single is just as effeicent. I choose twins because I like my dual exhaust and I want the sound to go very unoticed. I want the car to look like a stocker with some sort of homemade CAI. LOL

As for my NA non pi. I realy wanted to run 12's N/A but after I priced cams and figured how long it was going to take me to install them and the hassle of changing springs. The cost is just silly. (lol I am still running factory gears) I can have twice as much gain for the same cost counting labor time and tools needed. I just want some serious power and I dont feel like waiting any longer I guess. If I hit 12's with the turbos I probly will end up maxing out the factory motor. Hopefully at some point I can still add cams and port my non pi heads.

I will add the 3.90 gears while Im doing the turbos, that job wont take me long at all and will be fairly cheap in parts.
...... I'm pretty sure that they are not copies. The guy has nothing but positive feedback...
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 AM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

I wasnt infering that they were or were not. Nor infering that they arent as good. Alot of the knock off turbos are JDM-Japanese Domestic Market. These turbos are the same ones they use from the factory on import cars.......so.......there probly still a pretty good unit. Still I cant see a pair of new garret t3/t4 selling for much less than what I paid.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:18 AM
David_K
5th Gear Member

to4E are too big for that little motor

Quick Reply: Here we go....hahahaha I just orderd twin TO4E's