4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Chad99gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What would you do?

I have a bbk o/r Xpipe with flows and I have the same sound.. Not sure what it is..
Old 04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
cykostang

i had the exact same set up and it sounded just like that I got tired of the raspy trash sound and changed my flowmasters out for set of Borla Pro XS.
but the only down side of the Borla's is that it wasn't as loud anymore
Old 04-18-2006, 11:38 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Chad99gt

I have a bbk o/r Xpipe with flows and I have the same sound.. Not sure what it is..
I'm telling you, its because o/r x with flows= ***. Get some high flow cats and it will sound WAY better. SOHCtimes2 has a sound clip of his flows with catted x and it sounds godly!
Old 04-18-2006, 11:38 PM
karmstrong_2
2nd Gear Member

I hate to say it bud but that's a BBK o/r X-pipe....that's just what they sound like, that's why I'll never get an o/r pipe. My buddy had the same thing you did and his sounded the EXACT same way...sorry man...I'd spend the extra money and get one that's catted cause your car looks bad a$$ and it deserves it
Old 04-18-2006, 11:39 PM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

ORIGINAL: Mt Twigbert

I've had an o/r H pipe in the past but it sounded nothing like this.. =\
Like I said, put same highflow cats on there and see what happens.
Things cost money and money is expensive. Not to mention it really sux when something that is SUPOSE to just work, does anything but..
Old 04-18-2006, 11:40 PM
Chad99gt
1st Gear Member

hate to steal your thread from you, but how do the o/r h pipe sound compared to the x...
Old 04-18-2006, 11:44 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Niteryder

ORIGINAL: Mt Twigbert

I've had an o/r H pipe in the past but it sounded nothing like this.. =\
Like I said, put same highflow cats on there and see what happens.
Things cost money and money is expensive. Not to mention it really sux when something that is SUPOSE to just work, does anything but..
It shouldnt cost too much, but ya I would be the first to understand about not being able to afford ****. I'm only 16 and broke as hell. lol. Thats why I only have the weld ins for now.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:45 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

I'm telling you, its because o/r x with flows= ***. Get some high flow cats and it will sound WAY better. Someone on here (I forgot his sn, but he has the avatar of jessica alba) has a sound clip of his flows with catted x and it sounds godly!
Yeah your right. He has a magnaflow x pipe. Not a BBK. There is a big difference in sound between the two. I just remembered now. The BBK is not a true x. The magnaflow is, so thats where the difference is. Catted or not catted. If you look at a picture of the two you will see a huge difference.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:52 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sprostang

I'm telling you, its because o/r x with flows= ***. Get some high flow cats and it will sound WAY better. Someone on here (I forgot his sn, but he has the avatar of jessica alba) has a sound clip of his flows with catted x and it sounds godly!
Yeah your right. He has a magnaflow x pipe. Not a BBK. There is a big difference in sound between the two. I just remembered now. The BBK is not a true x. The magnaflow is, so thats where the difference is. Catted or not catted. If you look at a picture of the two you will see a huge difference.
ooooo, ok. I see.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:03 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I have a bit of a rattle with my o/r mac-prochamber, but nothing like that, that is a really weird sound, almost like its scraping against something, maybe check all you connections(?) headers to pipe, pipe to catback. It may be the gaskets allowing some sort of crazy exhaust leak? just a couple ideas