4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

good way to start the year

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 04:29 PM
ToplessMustang

Default good way to start the year

Got a little story you may enjoy. Bought an 02 gt convert - min gray on 31 Oct 03(no trick, definately a treat). Was able to drive it about 1000 mi before the salt hit the road and I put it away. over the winter i decided to put a kb s/c on it. also put 275s with cobra r's. it's looking and driving almost the way i want it - still need to work on the rims/tires combo(diff story).

anyway, when i got the car i started browsing the forums to gain knowledge. i've picked up great tips and enjoyed the stories a lot. also, i noticed how much the word 'rice' is used. i've enjoyed my share of imports and don't have anything against them, but i have to say i'm bothered by the ricer look that so many owners seem to intentionally shoot for - looks terrible in my opinion. still, i don't bend toward using the term much - guess i'm too old.

then the other night around midnight i had to go to work to fix something. half way there, down a separated 40 mph road i hit a red light. no one else around. as i'm waiting for what seemed like an unreasonably long time, i notice a car coming up from behind. did not look like a cop cause the lights were small pinpoints and a had a blue tint. now i'm wondering if there is enough time for them to stop before the light turns. funny how i now appreciated the long light. it approaches on my left side and the light is still red...luck be with me. as i look over to check out the competition, halfway expecting an old lady on her way to midnight mass, i see a classic picture that you all would recognize. light blue honda, lowered too much, side skirts, wing that's way too big, and mis-colored front fenders. the car looks new enough, so the fenders must have been intentional - another mystery to me. in the car are 4 teenagers, 2 guys, 2 girls all young twenties. i'm looking at them looking at my rims. i'm sure they're wondering if my car warrents 275s. like i said before, i don't use or think of many terms that reference 'the other side', but the first thing that came to mind was 'RICER'. couldn't help but smile.

as the light turned yellow i crept slightly to provoke him. as we got the green, i took off only slightly and waited for a reaction. he then put it down and came up next to me. i dumped it. i knew first would not stick but i didn't care. 2nd didn't stick either - i spun all the way to 50/55 when i backed off. looking in my rear view mirror i couldn't believe how far back he was. not much of a competition, but it sure was fun! another statement for real cars!