4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How much boost is needed for 500,600 HP

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 03:41 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How much boost is needed for 500,600 HP

i spin to much off the line with my MT's.... i cant get my 60's under a 1.97... and i bark very hard in 2nd and 3rd... this all explains for my crappy times... hahaha.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:56 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Voodoo

Wow that Camel is not just angry it's down right pissed off. A couple guys that work with me built a 7.68 second Corvette and that was on a racing chassis with a racing body also. Damn I can't believe that Camel is running 7.53 and used to be a street car. How many runs do they get before they have to rebuild that motor? My buddy said they could only run the Vette 8 times before they had to put new rods in it. It ended up costing so much they eventually sold it in pieces. Hooters ended up buying the car without the motor.
that was his first pass, he's in the process of upgrading the turbo so he can hit 6's this year. 106mm turbo. it was sitting on the counter at the shop one day when i was down there, they told me they were mailing it to him.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BCisme

Wow that Camel is not just angry it's down right pissed off. A couple guys that work with me built a 7.68 second Corvette and that was on a racing chassis with a racing body also. Damn I can't believe that Camel is running 7.53 and used to be a street car. How many runs do they get before they have to rebuild that motor? My buddy said they could only run the Vette 8 times before they had to put new rods in it. It ended up costing so much they eventually sold it in pieces. Hooters ended up buying the car without the motor.
that was his first pass, he's in the process of upgrading the turbo so he can hit 6's this year. 106mm turbo. it was sitting on the counter at the shop one day when i was down there, they told me they were mailing it to him.
With a motor that powerful don't you have to rebuild it alot? Like I was saying the guys I work with had to rebuild their motor every 8 passes. They said they didn't trust the motor to hold up longer than that. It was a full blown racing motor too.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:26 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BCisme

With a motor that powerful don't you have to rebuild it alot? Like I was saying the guys I work with had to rebuild their motor every 8 passes. They said they didn't trust the motor to hold up longer than that. It was a full blown racing motor too.

well honestly i'm not sure, i'd imagine they'll wait and see how long this one lasts, kind of a trial and error deal.