4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

springs w/ LCA's + UCA's

Old 04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default RE: springs w/ LCA's + UCA's

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

so stiffer up front does? and its worst?

stiffer in the rear = better?

would SPRINGS really matter, arent they just more so for body height? i mean if you have other good suspension components like shocks and control arms. will it really make your stang lack at its launch..
lowering springs actually hurt you at the strip. you want softer up front soo you can get alot of weight in the back during your lauch and get traction. but if you have a soft spring in the back it will compress you willl loose some "launch" i guess thats the word.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:12 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

would SPRINGS really matter, arent they just more so for body height? i mean if you have other good suspension components like shocks and control arms. will it really make your stang lack at its launch..
lowering springs actually hurt you at the strip. you want softer up front soo you can get alot of weight in the back during your lauch and get traction. but if you have a soft spring in the back it will compress you willl loose some "launch" i guess thats the word.
Well than.. i think you answered my question. i really like the look of the sportlines, but im thinking twice. because they are so soft in the rear (140-295)lb/in). What i like was that the fronts.. are a nice rate; (425-630)lb/in)..after looking at the spring conversion tables again, which someone gave me in the past replies, I am sort of realizing that the H&R SUPERSPORTS are just a better spring?? They offer a semi-low drop with way stiffer rates in the rear (275-300)lb/in) but with alot stiffter rates in the front (700-760). is it that much of a difference? BETWEEN THE TWO? or not. thats about my last question.. will the supersports make my car over all better, or will the sportlines do the job for the low looks and still hold a powerful launch. BECAUSE YEAH I AM GOING TO S/C very soon.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:30 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wwmost

Well than.. i think you answered my question. i really like the look of the sportlines, but im thinking twice. because they are so soft in the rear (140-295)lb/in). What i like was that the fronts.. are a nice rate; (425-630)lb/in)..after looking at the spring conversion tables again, which someone gave me in the past replies, I am sort of realizing that the H&R SUPERSPORTS are just a better spring?? They offer a semi-low drop with way stiffer rates in the rear (275-300)lb/in) but with alot stiffter rates in the front (700-760). is it that much of a difference? BETWEEN THE TWO? or not. thats about my last question.. will the supersports make my car over all better, or will the sportlines do the job for the low looks and still hold a powerful launch. BECAUSE YEAH I AM GOING TO S/C very soon.
when i say you loose time at the strip you dont loose much at all. its worth the maybe .2 or .1 second you loose because the springs make your car look better. get whatever you think looks best.