4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

04 GT Dyno #'s Un56k friendly

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 03:13 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 04 GT Dyno #'s Un56k friendly

ORIGINAL: red2k1gt

ORIGINAL: ghoste

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: ghoste

nice, mustang dyno's are very friendly to our cars number wise
I think you are thinking of dynojets here. Mustang dynos read much lower than almost all of the other dynos out there.
thought it was the other way around?
nope, dynamometers read lower

DriveTrainKiller, ditch the bbk udp's which are piggyback and pretty much worthless and get some steeda udp's.
Mustang dynos always read lower than dynojets, unless the shop owner has set the mustang dyno up to specifically read like a dynojet. Most mustang dyno owners actually take that as an insult if you as them to btw.

Mid coast performance, where my dyno's were done, estimated that my RWHP numbers were low by about 30-35 RWHP from a dynojet number.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:51 PM
DriveTrainKiller

Crap, I looked at the instructions and it uses the giant balancer/pulley still. Well this is crap. guess I'll turn around and ebay the pulleys and find me some Steeda ones.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Before you go doing that DTK, I didn't catch which brand you have, but you can almost always buy a SFI approved underdrive crank pulley from whoever made it, I'd look into that before you spent money on listing it on Ebay.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:06 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

if you were to ask me if my numbers were made on a mustang dyno, i'd be offended, seriously. and that's because of my ownership pride, i will never allow my car on anything but a credible dynojet. you couldnt PAY me to put my car on a mustang dyno. after seeing one print out a sheet showing my friend made 520 wheel torque in a stock 97 eclipse GS, yea that sealed the deal. they can manipulate those numbers.

i can tell you right now, your torque is high. your numbers are off, go put your car on a reputable dynojet not mustang, or dyno dynamics, and never cheat your pony like that again.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:04 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

[:-]
Old 04-22-2006, 05:12 PM
DriveTrainKiller

I gained about 50 tq from the shot and about 30 hp. Curves were very similar baseline prior to the spray, but the torque died quicker.
Old 04-22-2006, 05:38 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DriveTrainKiller

I gained about 50 tq from the shot and about 30 hp. Curves were very similar baseline prior to the spray, but the torque died quicker.

ORIGINAL: BCisme

go put your car on a reputable dynojet not mustang, or dyno dynamics, and never cheat your pony like that again.

(arnold schwarzenegger accent)

ACKNOWLEDGE.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:17 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

if you were to ask me if my numbers were made on a mustang dyno, i'd be offended, seriously. and that's because of my ownership pride, i will never allow my car on anything but a credible dynojet. you couldnt PAY me to put my car on a mustang dyno. after seeing one print out a sheet showing my friend made 520 wheel torque in a stock 97 eclipse GS, yea that sealed the deal. they can manipulate those numbers.

i can tell you right now, your torque is high. your numbers are off, go put your car on a reputable dynojet not mustang, or dyno dynamics, and never cheat your pony like that again.
Mustang dynos are said to be more accurate than dynojets, however any dyno can be setup to give out false numbers. There have been more than a few people on this site with numbers that are totally impossible to achive with their setups (with dyno readouts posted) on dynojets.

Dynos are all bull**** in any case. If you take any 5 dynos and dyno your car on the same day, all will read different. The only point of a dyno is to measure the difference you have made after modifications.

Mustang dynos are said to be the most repeatable, that is, if you take your car back again on another day the numbers will be very close to what they were before.

HOWEVER, for a mustang dyno, his numbers seem pretty high for what has been done to the car. If the numbers were accurate he would be putting down something like 330~ RWTQ on a dynojet, and that is completly impossible, even with the TQ friendly gains of nitrous.

EDIT: There is one very quick way to tell if someone with a mustang dyno has some bull**** going on. Dyno your car on a dynojet, and then dyno it on a mustang dyno. If the mustang dyno reads higher than the dynojet, the mustang dyno owner is screwing you. In no circumstance should a mustang dyno read higher than a dynojet on our cars.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 PM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

there are 3 dyno jets in my area where several people have dynoed within 5 hp. a few have even done it on the same day. one of the guys i know has done this, and on a local dyno dynamics dyno, made 105 rwhp more. the last 7 pulls my car made ( some back to back) on 2 different days my car has made 305-309.43 rwhp, (wich was the final pull of my dynotune.)

like i said, find a reputable dynojet.

you just can't trust anybody anymore.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:45 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Mustang dynos are said to be more accurate than dynojets, however any dyno can be setup to give out false numbers. There have been more than a few people on this site with numbers that are totally impossible to achive with their setups (with dyno readouts posted) on dynojets.

Dynos are all bull**** in any case. If you take any 5 dynos and dyno your car on the same day, all will read different. The only point of a dyno is to measure the difference you have made after modifications.

Mustang dynos are said to be the most repeatable, that is, if you take your car back again on another day the numbers will be very close to what they were before.

HOWEVER, for a mustang dyno, his numbers seem pretty high for what has been done to the car. If the numbers were accurate he would be putting down something like 330~ RWTQ on a dynojet, and that is completly impossible, even with the TQ friendly gains of nitrous.

EDIT: There is one very quick way to tell if someone with a mustang dyno has some bull**** going on. Dyno your car on a dynojet, and then dyno it on a mustang dyno. If the mustang dyno reads higher than the dynojet, the mustang dyno owner is screwing you. In no circumstance should a mustang dyno read higher than a dynojet on our cars.

+1, if he had 260 to the wheels at a 30 shot it sounds pretty close to me. what are these cars, like 235 rwhp stock, add a 30 shot and there ya go. pretty exact. dynojets are read at almost crank hp levels. nobody ever said the dynojets were inconsistent, they just read higher. u run 3 similar cars on 3 similar dynos u get 3 similar numbers. u run those cars on 3 similar mustang dynos u get 3 similar numbers that are considerably lower and closer to actual rwhp than dynojet.

Quick Reply: 04 GT Dyno #'s Un56k friendly