MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Wheel Alignment?? $$ (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/119331-wheel-alignment.html)

MustangChris04 04-22-2006 06:32 PM

Wheel Alignment?? $$

How Much Does it cost for a 4 wheel alighment?

I went to get mine alighned today for $70.00. Half way through the alignment the guy said, ford cant do anything right. I need to drill out the cambers/struts (something like that)
then he said he has never done it before be he knows how to. He said its going to be an additional 2 hours of labor with 85.00 an hour rate. He then said dont worry he woulnt chrage me for it.

When we get to the counter he charges me 70 bucks but he only did the back tires. I said Can I have a reciept so I can come back in for the fronts. He said when you come back in just ask for the front wheels alighned and pay for the 2 hours of labor. I said" no im not going to be paying for the 2 hours. I never agreeded upon paying 160+70 for an alighmnet, give me the alignment numbers so I can go elsewhere. I will also be disputing this chrage on my Credit Card." He got all pissed off and stormed out of the office.

IWinULose 04-22-2006 06:47 PM

RE: Wheel Alignment?? $$

ORIGINAL: XbcSharpShooter

How Much Does it cost for a 4 wheel alighment?

I went to get mine alighned today for $70.00. Half way through the alignment the guy said, ford cant do anything right. I need to drill out the cambers/struts (something like that)
then he said he has never done it before be he knows how to. He said its going to be an additional 2 hours of labor with 85.00 an hour rate. He then said dont worry he woulnt chrage me for it.

When we get to the counter he charges me 70 bucks but he only did the back tires. I said Can I have a reciept so I can come back in for the fronts. He said when you come back in just ask for the front wheels alighned and pay for the 2 hours of labor. I said" no im not going to be paying for the 2 hours. I never agreeded upon paying 160+70 for an alighmnet, give me the alignment numbers so I can go elsewhere. I will also be disputing this chrage on my Credit Card." He got all pissed off and stormed out of the office.
LoL...rear end alignment on a solid axle rear, aye? That's different. There's really not much adjustment there unless it's been in an accident.....
I paid 40 dollars a week ago to have my front end aligned, which is all you really need on a rear solid axle car. Took all of about 20 minutes.
Last, drilling anything is asking for problems. I've never heard of drilling anything to align a car.

Shawn02GT 04-22-2006 09:46 PM

i think he wanted to open up the size of the hole in the strut tower allowing for more adjustment. this should not be necessary, maybe your car was wrecked and the alignment is waaay off. there is nothing to adjust in the rear, that is just total BS

Krusher 04-22-2006 10:05 PM

ummm... yeah... my garage (ford dealership) charges $50 for a 4 wheel alignment... oh and dispute the charge and file a complaint with your local chamber of commerce... that garage needs to be shut down... oh and if ANYONE wants to drill ANYTHING that affects your alignment tell them to go to hell... that's just not the way it's done.

MustangChris04 04-23-2006 12:09 AM

So any ford dealership can adjust my wheels? He said the left was off 1.7+ and the right was 1.5+
Car has 14,000 miles, Im the only owner and no accidents.

StickShifty 04-23-2006 12:21 AM

when my rims came out of storage i had them done for 85.

Krusher 04-23-2006 12:23 AM

wds allows a dealership to change wheel diameter.

Stang9946 04-23-2006 01:06 AM

$65.00 around here

Krusher 04-23-2006 01:25 AM

wait... is 1.7 and 1.5 your toe or camber readings? Take your vehicle to a ford dealership and have them align your vehicle. They'll do it right. And file a complaint with everyone you can, call the papers... get that garage in the spot light because it sounds to me like they are fraud.

so1o2k3 04-23-2006 01:30 AM

wow that sucks, where are those guys? I'm going to avoid ever going to them haha