4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Flowmaster or Slowmaster???

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:28 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Flowmaster or Slowmaster???

Personally I hate Slowmasters.....I'm going with BBK O/R H, BBK LTs, and SLP Loudmouth.....Wanna talk about loud?
Old 04-01-2004, 08:50 AM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Ummm I have a tendency to agree with Dan02.... Ferrari sound is unique and belongs ONLY on Ferrari's. You drive an american V8 torque monster, why in the world would you want it to sound like anything else? Have you ever really heard a Ferrari? driven one? If you had you probably wouldn't thing you car sounds like one.

I have heard bassani on cobra's 99-02 and 03's, Didn't sound like a Ferrari to me. Heard them on GT's too, didn't sound like a Ferrari to me.

So your car sounds like this?

360 Modena Accel

And that's a 8-cyl. and that is with a Fuchs Exhaust. Has no depth in the sound. Sound's like my buddies RC51.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:59 PM
2001SilverGT
1st Gear Member

Ummm I have a tendency to agree with Dan02.... Ferrari sound is unique and belongs ONLY on Ferrari's
Dan02 never said that the ferrari sound is unique and belongs only on ferrari's .. he said ferrari sounds like crap .. so how can you have the tendency to agree with him???

YOU KNOW WHAT,, I DON'T REALLY WANA KNOW ..
Old 04-01-2004, 06:19 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

I am going to tell you, read it or not.

Tendency doesn't mean I agree totally. He probably is not a fan of the Ferrari sound. I kinda like it, BUT only on a Ferrari, where it belongs. Ferrari sound doesn't strike me as mean and scary fast, but very expensive and fast.

Like I said, to each his own. You like it and that's fine.

You post on a board and don't expect to get opinions on what you say?

You will, it's a fact. It's how you deal with it. I seems as though you don't like constructive critisism. I have heard many many Bassani systems on many different cars. While the sound is unique it is by know means a Ferrari in my opinion. So when you say it sounds like a Ferrari I find it very hard to believe and will say so. By saying I tendency to agree I can understand where the confusion can lie, I took Dan's comment as .....sound like crap (on a mustang). Which was an assumption I made, that may or not be incorrect. You feel I was incorrect so I responded and clarified my stance.

Relax.

BTW...no one is yelling at you, and I am not going to yell back and don't appreciate being yelled at. Yelling doesn't solve problems just adds to the fire. Relax.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:50 PM
2001SilverGT
1st Gear Member

im stoned=RELAX
heheh

i'm not yelling [:@] lol .. ok let me tell you whats going on in MY MIND

back home my brother has the BMW M3 and bought the ferrari mufflers (you can find them on ebay) i think both costed him around $1500!! i know its insane but it sounds (expensive and fast) <--- ..
I never said bassani sounded exactly like ferrari .. i said ferrari-like ..
Have you ever really heard a Ferrari? driven one? If you had you probably wouldn't thing you car sounds like one.
I've heard 5(even heard the ENZO).. and i've ridden 2 but no i never drove it .. but i would like too
does my car sound like one?? lol i just bought my car 2 months ago .. only got the bassani O/R x-pipe
never said i had em ..
Old 04-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

hey guys, does magnaflow have an exhaust that can use long tube headers and have the tips not showing like the back of my car?

i know i dont have the stock exhaust but i was thinking catless...
since i dont have to pass emissions.

also want an H since i love the sound of my current
is there much of a diff in an X pipe?
Old 04-01-2004, 10:44 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

hey guys, does magnaflow have an exhaust that can use long tube headers and have the tips not showing like the back of my car?
Yes they do, they have a short X pipe.

also want an H since i love the sound of my current
is there much of a diff in an X pipe?
X-pipe will increase performance, but will sound different than a H-pipe. What type exhaust you have now, Ob?
Old 04-01-2004, 11:08 PM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 00redGT

Hey, am I the only person with MAC exhaust? I have a MAC catback system..and it sounds really nice, deep and doesnt crack like flowmaster, you dont have the miss fire sound..or the hollow sound, i think MAC is underrated for some reason, dont see too many people running them?
No your not but you never read about MAC on this forum, I love mine, kind of a cross between Flows and the others, still a real muscle car rumble with a nice HP gain, I have the pro chamber mid pipe but havnt got in on yet.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:09 AM
ryanzorz

Lets face it flowmasters sounds great on a 4.6 if you love their signature sounds, but if you want something that will make people ask you what you are running, try basani, they sounds good with a unique tone.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

X-pipe will increase performance, but will sound different than a H-pipe. What type exhaust you have now, Ob?
Not sure on the exhaust, was on the car when i got it. But from what I know I'd say its either a 2.5" or possibly 3" H pipe
and it sounds awesome....