4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

03 GT with cobra emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Hisss04Cobra
says hiththth

Default RE: 03 GT with cobra emblems

Peronsally, I don't think it's right. The hood is cool, definitely would leave that on. But I would take off the cobra emblems.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:36 AM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

You could always put the snake emblem in the grill,And leave the GT's on the side...

So then you will have a COBRA/GT...
Old 04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Davojan59
4th Gear Member

hmm...do what u want man ur car looks badass....i know code has a snake in that front grill....so does that mean hes a poser? i think not....i think its all about what makes me happy...i have snakes on my wheel center caps cause they only had the choice of the running pony which i didnt like and the snake which i love.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:13 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Socrates said: To thine own GT, be true. But on the other hand, it's your car, make it look the way you want, and F#$K everyone else and their opinions.

John
Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Theorem1
2nd Gear Member

Thank gents, I was looking for some good old fasion solid constructive opions that went either way. Not ****** like Osk whos acting like I drive a Colbalt, his hemroids must of been flaring up last nit you up tight baststard . I took the GT of the rear deck and put "4.6 High Performance" badge on, looks nice. I did that the same time a the Cobras. BTW dlazrael the Cobra Jet emblem on the shaker Is a good touch I like that. Ill order some new ones today and post the pics when I get them on the car. Thank again, Adam
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 PM
poissonverte

I have 03 cobra wheels on my GT and did not like the cobra center camps on the GT.. So I found some GT center caps and put them on or i guess the little horsie thingie.. Yeah, do whatever you want. Its all personnel opinoin.. Though I do have an 01 front bumper, but then again it looks good.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:01 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

When I did the grill delete, I installed a cobra grill emblem. I left it in there for 6 mos or so, I always was getting weird looks. I eventually decided to take it out and leave the grill empty. Personally, I felt strange having it in when I only had a sohc motor unter the hood, I couldn't back up the snake logo!
Old 04-25-2006, 01:11 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

IMO putting wheels, hood, spoiler etc. is NOT trying to make it a Cobra, those are just better looking parts and rims would never make a car a clone or poser. However this all changes when you put the badge on, the badges are what really tell people what the car is. Put it this way, how would you feel about a V6er with GT badges? I think you should keep the GT emblems, the car is after all a GT not a Cobra, accept it for what it is and don't try and be somthing it's not. BTW sombody said there is intimidation factor with a Cobra emblem, the problem there is when the guy with a mild bolt on LS1 walks your "Cobra" he will think he just whooped on a Cobra when in reality he did'nt. Personally I would also get tired of telling people that it was really a GT as well.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Reaper
2nd Gear Member

i have to agree..all though i do like the cobra snake emblems and what not but out here where i live theres this white GT thats doing the same thing.. cobra hood and emblems.. actully looks like a real cobra but he forget i guess to take off the back GT emblem but has the cobra on the side and front i think.. and he has that exhaust that is super loud and rattels too much .. to me that sounds like a american ricer.. but im not trying to bash anyone who has it.. thats just my opinion on it.. so all and all.. be proud with what you got.. the worse thing u can do is act like its something that its not.. ya know.. but other than that you have a sweet car.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Hold on while I go put a Mach 1 Emblem on my car, maybe a GT emblem too.

Quick Reply: 03 GT with cobra emblems