4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

03 GT with cobra emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:30 AM
Theorem1
2nd Gear Member

Default 03 GT with cobra emblems

Ok, Some know i have an 03 GT with the cobra hood and front cover. Every one should be able to agree that it looks better than stock. BTW I got the car with the hood on it alraedy too. So I bought some cobra emblems for my fenders cause who dosent like a snake rite? Im not trying to be a poser who drives a fake cobra, and i didnt think I would catch heat for having the emblems. But since I put them on about a mounth ago two people have heckled at me for have the emblems, one being a guy in a svt focus tonite, but he was a geek anyway. Im not trying to say its a cobra, I dont tell anyone its a Cobra. Is it really that big of a deal cause if it is **** ill take them off. Should I just get something else. I want something beside the GT I just like the cobra.Pic of my stang
Old 04-25-2006, 12:32 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: 03 GT with cobra emblems

I would not put SVT emblems on my car. Just something about making it seem like something it is not.

Plus, with the GT stuff everyone always underestimates you. I simply love having a supercharged GT around here, everyone has the idea that the car will run like a stock NPI GT
Old 04-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Osk
2nd Gear Member

LOL @ "i just like the snake,blah blah blah"

stop posing. it's not a cobra, so don't put cobra emblems on it. simple as that.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:40 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

yes, ditch the cobra's fast.... check out Autobadges, they have different emblems and can custom make you some if you so choose.

That's where I got my 4.6 and 281 emblems.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:41 AM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

i have to agree, the cobra emblems do make the car soooo much nicer but dont put them on if it isnt a cobra. I may make an exception if it had the same interior engine, supercharger etc...
Old 04-25-2006, 12:42 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

LOL @ "i just like the snake,blah blah blah"

stop posing. it's not a cobra, so don't put cobra emblems on it. simple as that.
its your car, it looks sweet. do what you want. i like it. your not telling people its a cobra so your not a poser. if people start saying that just because you have certain parts than they are a poser, then anyone with FR500 wheels is a poser bc they have racecar wheels. or how about the people who take off their spoiler, are they trying to have a bullitt? i guess thats posing to you huh?

NO ITS NOT BEING A POSER
its all about personal preference noob
Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Niteryder
2nd Gear Member

Two sides to this story in my opinion. I think the cobra emblems looks sharp. 99% or the time, no one gives a sh#t. No one really knows any better. I think when you start talking smack and acting like your car is an actual cobra, is when you need to remove them. It's your car, so its what you like.

I use to have the cobra emblems on my gt as well because thats the way I bought it. Maybe once every 2 months someone would say "cobras are sweet", and that would be the end of it. It just does not matter. The only reason most people here have an opinion is because most of us are mustang owners.

BTW, I have the 3 stock GT emblems if you want to swap?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:46 AM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

hey, i feel that its your car and do what you want. not everyone can afford one. so if it makes you feel any better put on the emblems. Its your car do what you want. who cares what everyone else thinks. your car looks really nice btw
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 AM
03mustgt
4th Gear Member

Its your car man, do what you like. I like the way 03 cobras look so why not make your car look close to one. besides theres a ton of 99-04 gts out there and in my opinion making them look different is a good thing! Make your car unique!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:57 AM
Theorem1
2nd Gear Member

Hey OSK your a dick.
Anyways thanks guys for the input. Its not cause I cant get one I think it looks nice with the emblem. Not once have i said "Hey look at me I drive a Cobra" I think ill change it up soon anyway to mix thinks up avoid asswipes like OSK, but thats what I was talking about anyway. I was already looking at autobadges tonite so well see.

Quick Reply: 03 GT with cobra emblems