4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

UPR clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 01:21 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default UPR clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster

Hey all~
My UPR clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster came by UPS today. I was very pleased, it only took about 4 days on UPS ground (the basic shipping) to get here, and all the parts are in pristine condition and ready to rock in the box. They gave me all the paperwork I could need, plus some decals for my decorations haha.

Had a few questions. First, this looks like it will be a straight forward installation... would this be correct? I am planning on doing it this weekend, probably Sunday. I figure I can knock it all out in an hour or so, factoring in jacking/unjacking and bull sh!ttin time...

Another question, they have C&C plates for $180, would this be a good deal? I am probably going to do business again with UPR and I need these plates in the near future. Also, they have a short throw shifter for $150, it looks like a quality piece, would this be a good shifter, comparable to say a pro 5.0 shifter? If so I am probably going to get that as well. (they sent me the new broschure)

Finally, I have been debating my fuggin trans fluid for weeks and weeks. I figure while I'm doin the clutch cable i'm gonna drain the 'break in' fluid and put in the good stuff. I'm torn between Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and pennzoil synchromesh fluid. Problem is, I can't find the synchromesh anywhere. I don't know which to chose!!!! I don't want something like royal purple that I have to special order, i'm not building a race car and only need good stuff I can get at the parts store (synthetic, though) and only need 4 qts.

I know it's a lot of questions but they are all brief and closely related, any input let me know! Ima gonna jump in the shower and will be back in about 10 mins. Just got back from babysitting lmao... straight cash... man I haven't had time to relax all day

George
Old 04-26-2006, 02:26 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: UPR clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster

*bumpity bump bump*
Old 04-26-2006, 02:50 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Im you can change your quadrant in like an hour. You only need C&C Plates if you lower your car. They want do jack alone.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:54 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I know d00d the guy i got the car from put sportline springs. My worn out tires are telling me they need to be aligned! lol

all right cool, the only problem is I wanna know if the UPR shifter is any good and what the hell trans fluid to put in. i'm torn like i said between mobil 1 and pennzoil synchromesh. too many fuggin choices
Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 AM
andy98gt
3rd Gear Member

Since you have a 5 spd i want you to go under your hood and tell me where your tranny fluid goes?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:12 PM
blk40th
4th Gear Member

TO BE QUITE HONEST I DONT KNOW OF THE OTHER FLUIDS. I CHANGED MINE TO ROYAL PURPLE AND ITS GREAT. OTHER THEN THAT ID GO MOBIL. THEY MAKE ONE OF THE BEST SYNTHETIC FLUIDS. THE SHIFTER I DONT KNOW ABOUT THOUGH. YOUD NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE THAT HAS IT. BUT ALSO ALL THE CLUTCH PRODUCT YOU ORDERED WERE GOOD QUALITY. I THINK IM GOING TO ORDER THOSE NOW.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:32 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Andy,
Manual tranny fluid is checked/drained replaced from under the car, utilizing a fill hole in the side of the tranny. I use a piston type fluid transfer gun to pump it in.

John
Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

Since t-45 tranny require an d/m ATF, i run royal purple's d/m ATF. It's expensive, but does the job!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:41 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

You can also just fill through the shifter hole too.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

MGW.... best shifter out there... 360* rotation is unbelieveable, plus has the shortest thows. And they package it great and even give you an allen wrench to adjust the shifter plus rtv to make the seal.

Quick Reply: UPR clutch cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster