4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Radar hard-wired and cable hidden

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 03:55 AM
morbid
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Radar hard-wired and cable hidden

ya i live right next to u ... im a 10 min away from tysons area if u kno were that is

i hardly see cops around here tho
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 AM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

live in NV, car's registered in NM
Old 04-27-2006, 03:57 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: morbid

ya i live right next to u ... im a 10 min away from tysons area if u kno were that is

I live in Fairfax County and there are plenty of cop around. Damn Virginia being so gay
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 AM
morbid
1st Gear Member

yea i guess im lucky i live in a rich area with not much crime where everyone is old white people so cops arn't really a problem.

everyone here drives like 35 mph, literally everyday im driving normal and some soccar mom flicks me off, or somone honks there horn when i pass, or someone on the side of the road gives me some hand jesture.... i just laugh and then burn out at the next stop sign to **** them off more.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:00 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: morbid

[:-] then you live close to me, 2k1gt, acer and nanaki
Old 04-27-2006, 11:27 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I step out my front door and there's a squad car. I swear cops are fuggin EVERYWHERE in my town. and 90% of the time, they are sitting on there a$$es checking people's speed. My detector has been good, it picks them up a good distance away before they have a lock on me (unless it's laser) but still, it works and has saved my butt a few times.

I wish our cops would actually help people rather than see if they are operating their vehicle slightly too fast.

I could rant all day.... but yeah lol

This car came into my work that I had to do some stuff too, and it had a detector with a sensor behind the grill and in the trunk, and a little display by the gauges... it was pretty sweet
Old 04-27-2006, 01:07 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

even though its legal around here, people get theres confiscated all the time. not to mention it doesnt help get them out of a ticket if they are actually pulled over. i think they are an eyesore, if i ever get another one itll be hidden.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
hack_239
1st Gear Member

I live in Orange County VA, about 30 minutes west of Fredericksburg. Orange County, Culpeper County and state cops love to set up radar down here. My uncle who lives in WV cam to visit a few years back. A cop gave him a ticket for a detector and it wasn't even in the cabin. It was coiled up in the trunk. [sm=dontgetit.gif]
Old 04-27-2006, 01:51 PM
newb2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: djdalfaro

What states is it still illegal in, cuz my car is registered in NM, which is legal... and as far as i know, if you are traveling through another state, the laws concerning these things apply from the state you came from. (like concealed carry laws). Correct me if I'm wrong.

~Alf
No, the local laws and ordinances apply to where you are at, regardless of what your home state, municipality, etc. laws are.

Concealed carry doesn't automatically apply either, there must be legislature in place stating who's CC they recognize.

You are responsible for knowing the laws in the area you are traveling. Ignorance of the law is not a valid defense.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:28 PM
djdalfaro
2nd Gear Member

I'm sorry, i mis typed. I mean for carrying a gun in a car from one state to another... for instance.. in new mexico, you can have a handgun loaded in your car concealed doin whatever you want. and if you are traveling to another state, you don't have to change anything until you get to your destination at which point if you went to california, you would have to take the ammo out and lock it in the trunk or whatever other communist laws they have there. And yep yep... i've got a CCW.

~Alf

Quick Reply: Radar hard-wired and cable hidden